"I know that your all wondering why the sudden call for a press-con. Some may already have figured out what this is all about. Some may still be in the process of forming their own conclusion. To avoid any speculations, I am here to address several ongoing rumors."

"First of all, regarding the issue that I ended my contract with my former managers, Yes it is true. I am no longer being managed by either of my former managers. I am now being handled under TAPE/APT Management. And contrary to what is being whispered through the grapevine, I was not head-hunted by Tatay Tony or any of his team. Walang sulutan pong nangyari. My contract came to it's natural end and I decided not to renew anymore. A few months before my contract was due to expire, I came to Tatay with my delimma. Tatay gave me names of reputable managers and I sat with all of them. After a few weeks of deliberating, I came to Tatay and asked if he could possibly include me to his roster of talents. After making sure that I was sure of my decision, He agreed."

"So sana po, clear na. Di po ako sinulot ng TAPE/APT. Ako po ang lumapit. Ako po 'yong humiling na sila ang mangalaga ng career ko."

After delivering the first part of your statement, you can see that some are trying really hard to stop themselves from asking follow-up questions.

While they can still hold off on their numerous questions, you pressed on:

"Second thing that I want to address, the reason that I changed management. Some of you have called me names, ingrate for example, for turning my back on the people that helped me get to where I am now. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity that I was given, which is why, before I gave my final decision whether I was not going to renew or not, a lot of negotiations and re-negotiations behind the scene have happened. Sadly, the most important stipulation that I requested for could not be met, thus the non-renewal of my contract."

"My stipulation was for me to be able to choose my projects and who I do it with. I wanted to be able to explore other genre's and it be the sole focus. And yes, I was and still am open to working with other actresses. Maine actually has been pushing f or this as she feels that she's been holding me back, which is so far from the truth it's laughable."

"As I was saying, I wanted to be able to choose projects for myself. I didn't want to be forever known as the so called Pambansang Bae. I no longer want to be confined with the leading man status. Sadly, my managers and I could not find a middle ground. I wanted to shed the boy-next-door persona while they planned for me to be confined to the same type of roles. Where's the growth in that? And there you have the reason of why I opted not to renew my contract"

"With that, I've come to address the final and most important reason for this press conference. I am here to implore all of you to Leave Maine alone. Stop fabricating false stories about her. Most of all, stop maligning the one woman whom I couldn't live without. I've always said this, Maine and I, we have each other's back. That hasn't change nor will it ever change. Maine and I, We will continue to have each other's back. For always.  I may change management, I may change image, but Maine and I, we are each other's constant."

Before people could interrupt, you continued: "Some of you have taken to your broadsheets and columns in calling Maine names and pointing fingers at her as the sole reason of my decision. You are all wrong."

"As I've mentioned earlier, Maine has been nothing but supportive. And never has she held me back. In fact, she's been one of the primary reason why I've been brave enough to try exploring things that I only ever dreamed of. She's the first one to tell me to just go for it despite a lot of hesitation. She's the one who's been my constant source of strength in this never-ending cycle of bashings."

"I have been remiss in explicitly saying that if I was to make a choice, it will always be Maine. I hope now it has been made abundantly clear. I. WILL. ALWAYS. CHOOSE. MAINE. And before you all think that she put me up to this, let me just correct that. She doesn't know I'm doing this."

"Which is why I hope that my statement has been very clear.  Maine is not the reason for my decision to be with TAPE/APT, though I will not deny how ecstatic I am to be under one management with her for it means that we will get to do challenging projects that we have not been given the opportunity to do before.  The reason that I left was because of differences regarding my career path.  I know Ateng Rams mentioned that I'll answer your questions at the end, but sana naman po wala nang question."

Reporter: Bakit ba mukha kang nagmamadali, Alden?

"Kuya Nelson naman, sabi nang sana wala ng question eh." You sheepishly replied. "Anyways, sabi ko nga po, di po eto alam ni Meng. Kaya punta na po sana ako sa Bulacan. To grovel. At one pissed off lady."

Reporter: Grovel Talaga Alden?

"Yup, grovel po talaga. Matinding suyuan po eto."

Reporter: Bakit mukhang excited ka pa yata sa gagawin mong matinding pagsuyo?"

"Because it just proves that someone out there feels so strongly about me, strongly enough to land me in hot waters with this stunt I pulled."

Reporter: Ikaw lang yata ang nalagay sa alangin na proud pa.

"I'm just proud to be hers po. Her's to reprimand, her's to care for, her's to love. All hers."

Reporter: And Maine, is she yours?

"Unquestionably!"

***

End Chapter

PS:  My first chapter after almost a year.... my apologies in advance for the "sabaw" update.  Couldn't stop thinking about this  and just wanted to get this out there....