Officially Clear

Disclaimer:  Nothing but a work of my imagination.   In simple words.... this is just fiction  😀

Please forgive the typos and grammatical errors. Haven't proofread the chapter!

***

"Hay naku Papi. Ilang beses na bang sinasabi sa'yo, huwag mong pinapansin 'yang mga nambabash sa'yo! Sabi nga ng better-half mo, Kebs lang diba. Maging masunurin ka Papi. Kebs lang."

You can only stare blankly at one of your good friend, uncomprehending where that statement was coming from.

"Huh?" nagtatakang tanong mo dito.

"Papi, more than 5 years ka na din sa business, you know how these people are. They relish in making-up unfounded stories. They don't care that they're maligning someone they only see on TV. They only care about creating a big ruckus even though they don't have any idea of what is truly happening behind the scenes. Kaya huwag mo nang pinapansin. Di sila worth ng time mo."

"Sam!" putol mo sa sasabihin pa sana nito. "Not that I'm not grateful that you have my back against all these bashers, 'coz I really am, pero saan ba nanggagaling ang hugot mo ngayon? May bagong issue na naman ba against me?"

"Huh?" It was now Sam's turn to look confused. "Wala ba?"

"Aba, malay ko sa'yo. Nanahimik ako dito, pero ikaw 'tong biglang nag-pep talk. "

"Eh kung wala naman palang nambabash sa'yo, bakit seryoso ka diyan sa cellphone mo? Di mo no na nga namalayan na kanina pa ako nakaupo dito."

"Porke ba't busy lang sa cellphone, ibig sabihin ba na binabasa ko na mga walang kwentang pangbabash ng mga tao sa akin? Di ba pwedeng tumitingin lang sa mga memories?"

And upon hearing what you just said, Sam couldn't help but lean in and take a peek at what is displayed on your screen.

"Asus! Kaya ka naman pala seryoso kanina eh. Going down memory lane." Tukso nito na di mapigilan ang pag-scroll sa phone mo. "Grabe Papi, parang kelan lang, sa split screen lang kayo nagkikita ni Meng. Ngayon, halos puno ang phone gallery mo ng mga pics ninyo together or just pics of Meng alone."

Which was true.

Your phone has become the most tangible testament of everything that is you and Maine. Every single moment, captured and stored for posterity.

Some people might say that that is what KalyeSerye is for. That nothing will be as good a keepsake as the episodes of KalyeSerye. But for you, nothing beats the off-cam moments that you get to share with the one person, who though you never expected to come into your life, you now can't imagine life without.

Which was why, you didn't notice when Sam came into the host's room. You were engrossed on all the photos of you and Maine. Mostly of Maine's.

"Ang dami niyo talagang pictures, Papi. Di niyo naman pino-post. Dami niyo nang utang sa AldubNation." Patuloy ni Sam.

"For our eyes only Paps." sagot mo na inilayo na ang phone, sabay lock.

"Selfish!" tukso nito. "Pero Papi, bakit di ka magpost ng ilang pictures niyo. For sure, supalpal 'yang mga nangbabash sa inyo."

"Paps, the photos of Meng and I, they're private. Somehow, it's sacred for the both of us. It's something that we can claim that is JUST ours. Amin lang. As Richard and Nicomaine."