Familial Ties

Disclaimer:  As per usual, Nothing but a product of pure imagination.

To Sereace:  whose updates never fails to make me giddy.

***

"Sure ka coffee lang talaga sa'yo RJ?" tanong sa'yo ng Tito Teddy.

"Yes po Tito. Kumain na po ako sa amin before leaving." Sagot mo dito while enjoying your 3rd cup of coffee. The first one was consumed with your breakfast before leaving Laguna. The second one consumed when you drove past a Starbucks on the way to Bulacan.

With what's instore for today, you'll surely need all the caffeine boost that you can get.

"Naku Tisoy, di kaya imbes na alert ka sa araw na ito, eh atakehin ka ng niyerbos sa dami ng kapeng nainom mo?" tanong sa'yo ni Ate Niki.

"Di naman Ate!"

"Sure ka diyan Tisoy ha? Dapat steady ka mamaya ha. Lalo na ang kamay mo. Baka sa dami ng kapeng nainom mo maging shaky ka at may mangyaring masama sa'yo, naku, lagot ka kay Meng! World War 3 kayo!" ani Kuya Nico.

"Sure ako Kuya. Okay lang ako. At promise, steady ako mamaya!" sagot mo.

"And speaking of Meng, akala ko ba gising na 'yon Colleen?" tanong dito ni Tita Mary Ann.

"Bumangon na 'yon kanina 'Nay, bago ako bumaba. Baka bumalik sa pagtulog." Sagot ni Coleen, may kasamang kibit balikat.

And as if she was conjured by the mere mention of her name, here comes your Maine, looking sleepy still it's adorable.

"Beb? What are you doing here?" you hear your "better-half" incredulously ask before going round on the table kissing everyone good morning, saving you for last.

"Having Breakfast!" you playfully reply, sitting back down after assisting Maine with her chair.

"Di nga! Di naman natin schedule today to spend time here in Bulacan. We were here last month ah. Dapat nga we should be spending it in Laguna, but I'm pretty sure it's not until next Saturday."

You can't blame her for being a bit flabbergasted upon finding your presence in their place on a Sunday. Firstly, coz she's totally unaware that you are coming over. Secondly, you're supposed to have a series of print-ad shoot instead of being in SPS. And lastly as she has already mentioned, it's supposed to be the month of your scheduled routine family time in Laguna.

Since becoming official, you both promised that you'd take time to just be with your respective families; you and Meng with yours in Laguna , or you and Meng with hers in Bulacan, thus the alternating monthly family time.

"I was informed late last night that my shoot is cancelled for today, Beb. May family emergency 'yong photographer." You reply while putting the platter of ham back on the table after serving Maine some.