Literally His

Disclaimer: As per usual, Nothing but a product of pure imagination.

TO Sourpatchedkid whose works have been an inspiration. I could lie in bed all day long and still never tire of reading all chapters of your story over and over and over again. :)

***

"Tingnan niyo yong isa diyan, may sariling mundo na naman!" you hear Jerald say to the rest pertaining to the guy who has been glued to his phone since the break.

It's another Technical rehearsal day for the cast of Sunday PinaSaya. Everyone is present. Valeen, Jerald, Joey (Paras), Miss Ai, Barbie, Kuya Jose, Kuya Wally. And like every TechReh day, everyone is having fun, ribbing each other like family. Except of course you and the guy that Jerald was pertaining to earlier.

"O, pustahan tayo, pustahan tayo!" rinig mong sabi ni Kuya Jose.

"As if naman may papatol ng pusta sa'yo! Eh pag ganyang lumalalim ang dimples niyan at naniningkit ang mga mata ni RJ sa kilig, eh alam naman ng buong sambayanan kung sino ang dahilan!" rinig mong balik ni Miss Ai.

For what Miss Ai said is true. Everyone knows who his reason for smiling is. Everyone has witnessed as his well-established barriers got broken through. All by a slip of a girl that you never thought would change, not only his life, but that of the nation's.

"Sino pa ba eh di si Maine!"dagdag ni Valeen.

Maine. Nicomaine Dei Mendoza.

Every time you hear her name, you can't help but feel a pang of jealousy. And Great envy. For who wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the girl who has everything? Good education. Prestigious internship experience. Supportive family. She doesn't even need to be an artist for she grew up in riches, figuratively already a princess. Not only that, her rise to stardom has been phenomenal. "Phenomenal Loveteam" they dubbed her and him. Barely a year in the business and she's already made a niche for herself. Something that you haven't even come close to achieving. And you've been in the industry for almost a decade before her.

And if those were not reason enough to die of envy of Nicomaine Dei Mendoza, having the Pambansang Bae fall slowly and irrevocably in-love with her will surely do it.

"Di na yan aktingan ang kay Alden! TnT na yan! Totohanan na talaga yan!" you used to hear people say.

Although when asked, if you think what HE is showing is already for real, you always play the ignorant card, always denying that you follow the much talked about KalyeSerye.

"Di ko po siya nasusubaybayan eh!" palagi mong sabi kapag natatanong ka dati.

Why the need to ask you such question? Because you used to be in her shoes.

Before Maine came in the picture, you used to be the Pambansang Bae's object of affection. USED TO.

"Iba siya kay Maine, Julie! Ibang-iba! Huwag kang bulag at tanga!", your subconscious always tells you when you entertain this kind of thoughts. Which was bloody always.

For who could blame you, right? It's Alden Richards! Alden. Richards.

The one who raised the bar of what every girl should look for in a guy. Good looking. God-Fearing. Family oriented. And who would do anything for the girl he loves.

"Only for Maine, Julie! Only for Maine! Di ka kasali. Never kang naging kasali!" says your pesky subconscious.

"He would have done the same for me!" you oftentimes would whisper to yourself, trying to convince your subconscious.