Baby Steps

A/N:  So sorry for the delay.  Got caught up with the last few days of my holidays as well as preparing in flying back to Sydney.  

I hope this chapter somehow made up for the long wait.  Please do let me know what you guys think. :) 

***

"Maine Mendoza, proud owner of a new pup."

"Bagong aso ni Maine Mendoza, kanino galing?"

"Aso ni Maine Mendoza, bigay daw ng isang manliligaw? Alden Richards, di pa nakukunan ng pahayag hinggil dito."

"New Puppy accompanies Maine everywhere!"

"#NewPuppyOfMaine is trending in twitter with people posing guesses as to where the puppy came from? Fans? Suitor? Alden? Her Family?"

You could only shake your head upon reading some of the headlines regarding your new white teacup malti-poo. You are currently on a break in between the layouts for another print-ad shoot. And as you're a social media butterfly, you can't help but stumble upon the headlines.

"Dapat talaga binigay ka daw sa akin? Hindi ba pwedeng binili kita?" you softly ask the sleeping pup in your lap while playing with the ribbon on its hair.

Some part of you do get where the fascination of the people came from. You just suddenly came into work one day with the puppy in tow. And since then, there was no day that your new pup has been absent.

And when asked where the puppy came from, or who gave it to you, you simply give out a coy smile and replies with "Secret po. Basta I'm happy to have her! So very happy!"

So of course you get that people are getting curious. But to be headlined in several newspapers and be a source of several discussions is just a bit too much.

"I don't think that I have to explain your existence to the world, do I?" you continued to ask the dozing pup.

"Sus, Meng, di ka pa na sanay. People are clamouring to write about every little thing you do. You're THE Maine Mendoza kaya." Says Liz Uy who you didn't notice has sat down beside you on the lone couch on the studio where the shoot is taking place.

"Hala si Liz, Kung maka THE Maine Mendoza ka naman uy. Si Menggay lang ako."

"That's why you are so loved Menggay, cause you remain ever so humble." Nakangiting pahayag ni Liz who can't help but tweak the nose of your sleeping puppy.

And awwww. The puppy just scrunched its tiny button nose and burrowed itself deeper into your lap. CUTENESS.

"As I was saying, people love to know what's going on in your life. And you suddenly having a puppy constantly with you is making their curious mind ran rampant."