kairos

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked trough the woods, searching for shelter from the rain. When they got out, the two decided to walk over to the house, get in Chanyeol's car, and drive to the city.
It was the day before Baekhyun's birthday, after all. His favorite restaurant was there.

After Chanyeol had informed his mom of their plans, the two hopped in the car and drove off into the distance.
Baekhyun pondered what Chanyeol had to say, and was waiting patiently for him to spew out the words.

Chanyeol gulped, then took a deep breath.

"Baekhyun, I love you. I love you in a way that is above friendship."

Baekhyun's eyes popped, as he steered his head to look directly at Chanyeol.
He stared straight into the tall man's eyes, which were less focused on the road and more on him.

Baekhyun had been waiting forever to hear that from his giant.

The countless dreams he had experienced, involving his tall crush, exchanging quick awkward stares from across the room, sharing little innocent pecks on the cheek, and receiving from him the most stunning of red roses. Baekhyun never had the courage to make a move because he didn't want to ruin their friendship.
And now that Chanyeol had confessed his love for him, he had never been so happy.
He loved him more than words could ever say.

Baekhyun placed his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

And then the most bright, cheerful smile he had ever made appeared across his face.

"Chanyeol, I-"

Crash.