Chapter 11

I placed my right hand to my chest as it burned to pain. I can't breath.

I clenched my fist as I mess up the bed. I couldn't feel anything. I opened my eyes and the Monotone room came back to my eyes. Colors were gone.

"Arrrggghhhh!!!!" I shouted as punched my own chest. Fvck this life! Why now?!

I heard a nurse running over the room to me. I looked up and saw joy. Her face was crumpled. Shock written all over her face.

"Fatima?! Fatima! Doc! Doc! Someone... PLEASE HELP!" I felt her hand on my shoulder as she started shaking me. But my hand... fell down. I tried to move it, but it didn't even flinch. Joy panicked. I looked up to her and saw that crumpled expression in her face. But she still stayed beautiful.

I placed my palm into her cheeks and smiled at her. She stopped the ruckus and held my hand. Her eyes were begging. Begging from what?

"It's... g-going to... be... fine" I said with an awful voice. Tears rolled down her face as I looked beyond the room. My heart started to pound slower. But I still felt it racing faster... like it did before. As I saw the colorful room for the last time before I totally went out.

***

I ran from here to there, kicking the ball.

"Just one last goal!" And we'll win. The last match in the last minute came. I was so sure that we'd win the heck out of this game. But we failed. I failed them. We lost because of me.

I was about to kick the ball and goal, if the image of Fatima... didn't show up in my head. I became stiff as I stood in the middle of the field. Everyone is shouting and screaming. But it seemed like any noise didn't reach me. I saw Fatima... infront of me. Standing, smiling, and staring at me.

The sight of her excited me. But I knew there was something off when I saw her. Because one tear escaped her eyes.

I was back in reality when the emcee shouted a long goal. For the winning team. Then I realized... we lost... I lost...

at both.

***

"What the heck man?! Why didn't you kick the ball?!" Each and everyone of my team kept complaining. Everyone complained.

I stood up and quickly took my jacket. I ran out of the field and went to the hospital. I can't shake the feeling that she's... she's...

"FATIMA!!!" I was miles away from the hospital. But please let me reach her. My heart is beating fast, but with a different reason. I'm scared... What's with you showing up infront of me?! In the middle of the field?! Fatima what are you...

Once I saw the hospital, I increased my speed and ran upstairs to her room. I opened the door abruptly, but it didn't open. I kept turning the door knob. I looked at the door once more... and her name... was gone.

I stopped when I saw a nurse. The nurse that was always with her. She was standing, staring at me.

"Sir, the patient is not here" She gritted her teeth as she said the sentence.

"Then where is the patient?" My voice is shaking. She just looked at me and left me. What the heck?!

I ran outside the hospital and was lucky enough to ran into Fatima's brother.

"Hey! Hey! Where's Fatima?" He turned his head to me and sadness filled the air surrounding him. How do I know this? His eyes are telling me.

"She just finished... Uhhhh... she's taken to the ICU." I didn't like the atmosphere, and I didn't like the expression on his face.