Chapter 8

"Fatima!!!" I quickly opened my eyes to the sound of Sunny's panicked voice.

"What?" I asked her, feeling the pain on my whole body. My body had been like this, ever since last night.

"Did you just go out with that Sedric guy?!" She asked, excitedly.

"No. It's not a date" I simply said and smiled.

"Oh, then are you alright?" I nodded.

"By the way, I got you this" I handed her over a small gift box. Besides the cards, I also bought things to give to them.

"What's this?" She asked and opened the box. I saw her shocked face.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful" She said with a glad smile. She looked back at me with teary eyes.

"Thanks" She said and hugged me.

"Well, I'm glad your back safe and sound" She whispered.

"Me too" I replied.

"So, what happened last night?" She asked and let go of me.

"I...I went to a field. Soccer field" I said to her.

"I thought you were just gonna go shopping?" She asked.

"I tried to accomplish some of my wish to do outdoors" I answered to her with a satisfied smile.

"I wish I could have been there" She said.

"We can go sometime" I encouraged her. She smiled with pain in her eyes and held the keychain I bought for her.

"I'll always bring this wherever I go" She said. I smiled playfully.

"Careful, you might actually lose it" I joked. She pouted but then smiled afterwards.

"Then I guess I just have to search for it" I smiled at her.

"He-----" I looked at the door and saw Sedric. My smile grew wider.

"Sedric! This is my friend, Sunny" I told him as I pointed at my friend. He smiled and walked towards us.

"Nice to meet you" Sedric said politely.

"Do you like my friend?" 0__0

"Sunny!" I shouted. She smiled and laughed awkwardly.

"First thing I saw in his eyes is that he's in love with you. What do you think I'll ask after seeing those eyes?" She asked. I felt my weeks warm and I bet I'm blushing.

"Even if I like her she won't approve to be my girlfriend" He said. I saw that sweet smile from him. Then I suddenly felt guilty. I wish I could answer yes, but I know I'll only end up hurting him. So I can't.

"Why?" The sadness in Sunny's voice surfaced. I looked at her and smiled.

"I'm still young" I said.

"Oh, ok. I...need to go now" She said and waved goodbye. There's nothing I can do about it actually.

"I actually came here to give you these" He handed me over a teddy bear and a chocolate. Which I actually didn't notice earlier. My smile faded away. I looked at him.

"At least let me court you" He said.

"I need to go. There's an early practice for today. The game's today" He said. I smiled weakly as I felt the pain all over my body.

"Goodluck" I said. He nodded and left. Then Joy came in.

"You know there's no reason to bale" I looked at her.

"I have a reason to bale. That actually, I know my time is counted now. And I can't answer him just like that and leave him behind" I explained. I felt her being uncomfortable to what I was saying.

"Please don't tell them I knew" I said to her. She tried to smile.

"I'll try" She said.

"Thanks" I whispered.

"But are you fine with this? You'll regret everything in the end if you don't make the most of your time" She said. Then something snapped. If I left like this, I'll be leaving in a sad memory? Was that it? So all along...I was thinking differently? But how about Sedric's feelings after I left? I can't really let him be broken.

"Try to enjoy life. While your still alive" She said. I nodded.

"You'll be taking your medication now" She said. I nodded again.

"We're almost out of medicines for your condition, I guess that..." I held her hands.

"It's going to be fine" I said and smiled to her.

***

"Hey Sed!" I turned around and saw my friend.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Great game" He commented. I smiled.

"Thanks"

"So I suppose...you'll be off now?" I nodded.

"You don't wanna celebrate with us?" I tilted my head and took my jacket.

"Nah, she's the first I want to report this about" I said. I patted his shoulder.

"I'm off" He nodded and smiled.

"Be sure to introduce her to me when she gets out, ok?!" I laughed and nodded. I walked away.

Why am I doing this? Simple, I like her. Ever since I saw her in the hospital garden, I liked her. When I get to know her better, I liked her even more. But I don't get why she wants me to prevent this feelings I have for her?

Don't she like me? When I found out about the incident, it just terrified me. And every night I wouldn't sleep at the right time like I used too. I know I had to see her. I was so glad when I get to go out with her, even if it's not considered as a date.

She's so fragile I want to protect her forever, even if it costs my own life. I just... really really really like her.

***

I went inside the hospital and walked up the stairs. He room is placed on the second floor.

When I came to the second floor, I saw some nurse and a doctor running along the way, panicking. At first I thought it was actually someone else. But then they went to the same way I always pass through whenever I go and see Fatima.

It terrified me once more. I felt scared. I ran to her room and when I got there, the nurse and doctors were going inside her room. I hurried to her door and saw them surrounding her, with every bit of medicines and stuff putting to her. Then she was there, no moving one bit. My body shivered. A nurse came in and pushed me away from the door. Every question I had, was answered in a glance because of her situation.

"Visiting hours is canceled. Stay away!" She would shout. I was stuck to where I was standing and I would shiver all the way. I clenched my fist and ran away. Far from here. I just couldn't bare to see and witness that.

THIS CAN'T BE! SHE TOLD ME SHE WOULD BE RELEASED SOON! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! I CAN'T LOSE HER...I CAN'T LOSE HER...PLEASE, DON'T TAKE HER YET.

For the first time I was actually serious about someone, then this will happen?! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?!

This can't be happening...I don't want to accept this...I can't...please, don't take her.

=====