Chapter 4

It's been a few days since he found me. I actually thought he wouldn't care. And I thought he wouldn't come back right after he found me, but I was wrong. He would visit everyday. He would tell ne about the outdoors. We would always talk about the same books we've read.

My parents knows about his visits. I never failed to tell it to them. It's just...having a new friend seems exciting. But Sunny, she hasn't spoken to me. That was the last book. She didn't get mad at me, right?

"Hey" I almost jumped up in surprise, well, I can't actually jump. But, that's the line in the books that they would usually say. I like books, so I wanna try some of the scenes there :'>

"Sunny..." I mumbled. She walked in.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted." She said. I smiled at her.

"It's fine" I said. She smiled at me, then unexpectedly, she ran over to me and gave me a tight hug.

"I'm really sorry" She said between her sobs. I brushed her hair with my fingers and hug her back. I let her stay like this to me for awhile. She eventually let me go and smiled.

"By the way, I brought you new books" She said, giving me a bag.

"I know your going to get bored if there aren't any books around you." She said. I smiled.

"Thanks. I've already finished what you gave me the last time" I said to her pointing at my bookshelf. Mom bought me that, so I can have somewhere to put all the books I have.

"By the way..." She started.

"Who's this Sedric guy? Your brother keeps reporting him to your parents" She said. I bitty lower lip as a small smile formed into my lips.

"He's a friend" I said. She looked at me with suspicion.

"Oh really? Don't tell me you still don't have any feelings for him? Just a crush?" Suddenly, I wasn't aware of what Sunny was saying. Feelings for him? Do I have those?

"Uh, no. He's just a friend" I assured her. She sneered at me and stood up.

"Ok. You said so. Gotta go now, I'll be back, okay?" I smiled and nodded.

"I'm expecting to see Sedric later." She said. I felt my cheeks warm.

"O-Ok!" I shouted. I saw her smirked at me. Oh no.

***

"Hey sis" I turned my head at the door and saw my brother looking annoyed.

"What?"

"You've got a visitor" He said. Sedric went in holding a bouquet of flowers. I smiled.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Hey" He replied. He approached me and placed the bouquet on my lap.

"You know you don't have to bring flowers" I said to him.

"It's fine. That's all I can do since I missed your birthday" He said to me.

"How's your soccer team doing?" I asked. He smiled and sat down to the nearest chair on my bed.

"It's fine. We won the game" He said.

"That's good to hear" I whispered.

"Are you bored?" He asked.

"What?"

"Didn't you ever get bored around here? Always reading books?" He asked again. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I enjoyed reading, I guess it didn't come to mind being bored. But, I sure want to do something else" I answered.

"Sis, I'll be going now. Sed, take care of her. If you do something ridiculous I'll kill you" He warned him. I laughed and smiled.

"It's fine brother." I assured him. He sneered at Sedric and went out. I sighed.

"I can't believe he still can't trust you. You've been with us a few days now" I said.

"Maybe he just wants to protect you." I looked at Sedric. He was smiling, telling me not to worry. I smiled back.

"I guess so" I replied.

"Hey, you want to watch a movie?" He asked.

"Movie? You know I can't go outside" I said.

"There's always another way to watch. I'll bring my laptop here tomorrow" He said.

"You sure I'm not a bother to your practice?" I asked him.

"No, your not." He said.

"Don't you have other things to do?" I replied. He can't come here and visit here all day. He can't be attach to me. I'm not sure if my days are counted anymore. But Sunny's reaction gave me suspicion.

"I make time to visit you" He only answered.

"May I ask you again why your doing this?" I asked.

"I want to be your friend." He said. I sighed.

"Your already my friend" I said to him. His smile faded away.

"I don't know either. I just want to see and visit you here" He answered. I smiled.

"I'm joking, you can come here whenever you want. I know to myself that I'll be waiting for your arrival" I shocked myself to what I was saying. But my heart doesn't seem to disagree with it. He smiled.

"Can't you leave this place just for awhile?" He asked. I tried to smile.

"I can't" I answered.

Even if I wanted too.

"Oh, there's something I want you to hear" He took his cellphone from his pocket. Placed the earphone on my ears.

"Something I found that would suit you" He said to me. My smile faded away.When it comes to me, I'm sure...I'm sure it's something I'll never want to hear.

The song started to play, and the opening...I didn't like it.

"Purpose" by: Justin Bieber

Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath,
Feeling like I'm walking my last steps,
Look at all of these tears I've wept,
Look at all the promises that I've kept,

I put my heart into your hands,
Here's my soul to keep,
I let you in with all that I can,
You're not hard to reach,
And you bless me with the best gift,
That I've ever known,
You give me purpose,
Yeah, you've given me purpose,

Thinking my journey's come to an end,

Sending out a farewell to my friends, forever peace,
Ask you to forgive me for my sins, oh would you please?
I'm more than grateful for the time we spent, my spirit's at ease,

I put my heart into your hands,
Learn the lessons you teach,
No matter when, wherever I am,
You're not hard to reach,
And you've given me the best gift,
That I've ever known,
You give me purpose everyday
You give me purpose in every way

Oh, you are my everything

The song ended with my tears flowing down.

"Fatima! Wait, are you okay?" He held my shoulder and shook me. But I didn't budge. My tears kept streaming down.

Purpose? I don't have any purpose to live. I can't say that my purpose is my parents...I can't even do anything for them. I don't have...a purpose.

=====