Chapter 26 Stop Living In That Head of Yours

Listen...to Labrinth!
I cry over this song...

Chapter 27: Stop Living In That Head of Yours

Narrater's POV

16 years ago...

"I hope, one day, you'll know I'm doing this for you, and Raiden." The middle aged Ruth, had said. Kissing her fore and middle finger, she then placed them on a photo of Ray, Raiden's father.

She waltzed out of the newly furnished office as she headed towards the master's bedroom.

On her way, a 10 year old Raiden spotted the flushed maid as he went to tug on her skirt.

"Harley, would you mind playing checkers with me? I have just received a new checkered board!" He exclaimed with happiness.

Yes, everyone, including the help, called her Harley. She preferred her last name to be said, yet no one knew it was her maiden name.

Only her lover knew her real name.

She bent down to the innocent boy's height, "I'm afraid not today, dear." She patted the boy's head, "I have an important affair to attend, another time?" She questioned, needing to leave.

Before he answered, they heard a loud thump being heard from above them. Ruth knew what the ruckus was, as Raiden chose to ignore the sound that held no attention to him.

"Of course, Harley!" He pulled up a fake smile, the fake smile that only the ten year old boy could muster.

He knew what was going on, he wasn't as dumbfounded as the other grown ups thought him out to be.

He turned around with a new saddened expression, to his room where he will cry again for his parents behavior.

He just couldn't wait until his sibling's arrival, for he can finally have someone to do something with. But he knew it would take long for a newborn to do the stuff he liked to do. He knew babies couldn't do much except burp, fart, or puke.

With Raiden's absence, Ruth made it upstairs to where the noise was heard.

In the master's bedroom.

Before she opened the dark wood door, she heard a sentence she would soon interrupt.

"Ray, stop with this nonsense and stress! I'm...," Ray's wife, Piper, pleaded.

"..Pregnant?" Ruth finished for her, walking through the now opened door.

"We can tell you're pregnant, you needn't say it anymore!" Ruth rumbled throughout the open spaced bedroom.

"Excuse me? Would makes you think you can walk through my door, and tell me what I should or should not say to my husband?!"

"Ruth, remove yourself this instant!" Her lover burst out.

"Never, you are mine! This doesn't concern her, she needs to leave!" Ruth exclaimed, putting a hand on her chest.

"What in, God's name, are you talking about?! She is my wife and pregnant with my second child! This has nothing to do with you!" He put out, confused.