Chapter 6 This feeling won't go away

Chapter 6: This feeling won't go away

Emery's POV

"What? No hug for the guy who saved you're life,"

I stare straight into his hazel eyes and the memories flooded back to me, it's like someone turned on a light switch and I instantly recognize him.

I stood there for a moment not knowing what to do.

Then I recall his previous statement.

I squeal, feeling this wave of excitement hit me from just seeing him.

I run and jump into his arms, hugging him dramatically probably looking like a cheesy romance scene. He stumbles back surprised that I caught him off guard. I know how really weird this is but we're talking about the guy who saved my life.

"Oh my god! I can't believe your here I've been waiting for this moment to actually meet you, I mean I vowed that I would find you one day and I finally did! Well I mean you found me but who cares I just can't bel-" I cut myself off of my own rambling.

"All I've been wanting to say is thank you and I will spend the rest of my life in your debt," I concluded.

"No your not, the reason I saved you is not just so you can spend you're whole life in my debt," He debated.

"Eh-hm," Someone coughed.

I turned around to see Raiden with confusion and anger in his blue eyes. Before I can explain to him, he continued.

"What are you talking about?!" He demanded to know.

I shoved my savior towards Raiden.

"Oh um this is the guy that pulled me out of the car when the accident happened," I explained.

I look at my savior again.

"I'm sorry, What's your name?" I squeaked.

"It's River," He says.

I nod my head confirming that I liked the name.

"Okay dearies how about everyone sits down and eats before the food gets cold," Harley suggested. Caring more about the food than our conversation.

I see River plop down on the gang's breakfast table, Wait a second.

My eyes widen as I scurry to the servant's table.

'River is in this gang, He can't be!' I thought. He saves my life and now he's working for the most ruthless gang in town. I know I barely know him but I expected more from him.

I see Raiden stealing glances towards River and I. He's probably trying to figure out what happiness means, I bet he never experienced it himself.

~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~
After I wash the last dish I stack it on top of the various clean dishes.

"Okay Harley I've hand washed all the dishes," I say to her knowing she wanted me to tell her when I was done.

"Okay dear you're free to leave I've got the rest," She said practically pushing me out the door.

She's pretty strong for a women with a sling on.

"Oh, are you sure? I mean I cou-" I get caught off by an 'I'm sure' from her while she successfully pushes me out the door.

I start walking down the hallway while pulling a map out of my back pocket.

Mackenzie made me one when I told her I can't get out of a room without getting lost.