Chapter 4 Stay with me Emery

Chapter 4: Stay with me Emery

Emery's POV

It all happened so fast, one minute I was helping Harley prepare for breakfast while talking to Mackenzie.

The next we all heard a shotgun being fired, the bullet went right through the kitchen window but didn't stop there.

The bullet hit Harley.

On her right shoulder.

I saw everything, Harley getting shot then her petite figure falling on the ground like she was a rag doll. Her piercing scream flooded my ears but I didn't do anything, I just stood there scared to move, Everything was in slow motion in my eyes. Another bullet came and hit the wall right next to my head.

That's when my play button was hit really hard and reality came back to me.

I saw Mackenzie search frantically for something until her eyes darted to a red button that I hadn't recognized right next to the coffee machine, she push it and metal titanium walls cascaded down the previous walls and doors and the whole room went dark.

Harley's screaming made me bolt straight to her.

"Oh my god Harley, just hold on I'll be right back!" I shouted probably making her go deaf.

I busted through the only door that hadn't been locked down by titanium. Luckily it was the kitchen doors, I went straight forward to get a couple rags under the sink.

I ran back to Harley to see blood all over the floor, I roll two rags up and put them on her shoulder while putting as much pressure as I can onto it.

She winced, I heard Mackenzie talking on the phone saying the mansion's on lock down, I tried whispering soothing words in Harley's ear but that suddenly made me pause and rewind back to a couple months ago.

"Stay with me Emery, you're not gonna die on me here, I still have yet to meet you....and Jonah!" I faintly hear a man plead.

I feel pressure on my chest, I need to make him stop he's pressing to hard. I took a deep breath in and immediately feel the pressure off my chest.

I slowly open my eyes to see a blurry man, He breathed in a sigh of relief. I look up at him when I can see more clearly.

He has deep honey hazel eyes and blonde hair with tinges of red when it hit the sun. He looked to be a bit older than Jonah, maybe 26 I guessed.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I questioned

"You just got in a car accident," He sighed, slightly confused by my confusion.

"I look to my side to see my parents car flipped over while a semi truck dug into the side of it.

"Huh my parents!" I screamed trying to get up.

I winced loudly when I felt every bone in my body hurting, I don't know where I was hurt but I'm guessing everywhere since I can't even feel my legs or fingers.

I looked down to see a pole from the semi truck sticking right out from my stomach.

I start panicking and scream.

"No stop! Don't move the paramedics will be here," The man desperately said.

I turn my head to the side only to see my parents car up in flames.

I heard sirens and jerked to the side trying to get to my parents.

That's when my wound started internally bleeding really fast.