Chapter 18

Nightmares

-Sophia

Today I was going "home" I didn't have much to pack, James brought me some new clothes because the dress was covered in blood, so I was currently in black tank top, some blue ripped jeans, and a white flannel with some white converse. The bag was given to me by one of the nurses, she gave it to me as a gift I got close with one of the nurses who was assigned to me and her name was Angelia. She was the best. She was full of joy. She had a tough shell and she stayed up with me when I had those nightmares, sometimes she would even stay awake with me and just talk. I stayed in the hospital for two months for counseling and Rehabilitation. When I got hit I had severe head trauma, and broke a couple of ribs. It wasn't that bad but I had a lot of scraps and bruises. The doctors said that they found a couple bruises and cuts that were a couple days old. I don't know where those are from.

"Thanks for the clothes James, where did you get them?"

"The store" I chuckled at his response. I grabbed my bag. I don't even know why I have it if there's nothing in it.

"Should we get going?" James turned towards me.

"Yeah let's go" I signed out of the hospital and walked with James to his car. He had a red pick up truck. Of course I thought to myself. I smiled slightly.

 I smiled slightly

"James?"

"Hmm?" He turned on the car and turned towards me.

"Where do you live?"

"I don't live around here"

"Then why were you here that night?"

"I was delivering that night Sophia" He chuckled.

"Then where do you live?" I trapped myself in.

"I live about two hours away from here"

"Where is that? Where am I going to sleep? Where am I going to stay? How am I going to find my family?"

I ran my hand through my hair, Before today I never really thought of where I was gonna go. This is terrible I'm going to be alone and lost, I have nothing to survive with.

"Okay, Sophia enough questions, Let's just get there first then we'll sort things out" He put his hand over mine and gave it a light squeeze.

"Okay"

Two hours later

"Sophia, wake up"

"Hmm" I squeezed my eyes shut and blinked a couple times before I could see clearly.. And let me tell you this wasn't a House that I imagined a tough looking guy like James would live. The apartment complex has Roses and trees surrounding the entrance, kids are playing on the swings. It seemed so friendly. A little to friendly. I don't know how I feel about being around people. Everywhere I go I feel like a being watched and that there gonna hurt me. It's like I'm living a nightmare.

"Come on, You'll be okay, I promise" He took hold of my hand and lightly squeezed it. I grabbed my bag and followed James out of the car. We took the elevator, since the doctor said that I shouldn't stress or work too much because it's putting pressure on my brain. Once we got to the fifth floor James handed me a phone.

"Here" It was one of those old flip phones that could only take picture from the front and could only make calls and text, nothing else. It's been a long time since I used one.

"I know what you're thinking 'James it's beautiful'" He spread his arms out shrugging.

I giggled at his sarcasm. "Oh James, You didn't have too, Thank you" I smiled and rolled my eyes, making it obvious I was joking.

"I know I'm the best you're welcome" We walked down the hall and he opened the door. Where I met his eyes. His dark grey blue eyes looked right at me.

Flashback

"I suggest you keep that mouth shut, you're lucky I don't kill you!" I spat in his face, His eyes changed to a complete dark grey. He wiped his face and wrapped his hand around my neck and choked me. I scratched at his hands, gasping for air, trying to loosen his grip. I saw Jax for who he really was that day. I ruthless monster one that I loved and cared for.

End of Flashback

" You!!" I tear fell down my face. I pointed at him. All I could remember was those ice cold eyes. Full of hate and anger when he looked at me. Nothing more.

"Why are you here" The man looked confused and angry at the same time. His eyes changed to something I couldn't read. James took hold of me, telling me there was nothing to be scared of, that I didn't know him. That he was only his roommate.

"Its okay, Hes not gonna hurt you, calm down" He rubbed my back as I slowly fell to the ground.

"No...No... You're wrong about him James.." I looked up at him with tears still in my eyes. He stood in the same place behind the kitchen counter with a glass of water in hand.

"Jax..." He dropped his glass of water with wide eyes he stood like a statue

"Jax... He's hurt me before and he'll do it again."

"What did you say?" His words came out more like a whisper but still I chose not to respond to him.

"Sophia, That's my roommate Matthew Blue... I can assure he's not Jax..... And he wouldn't lay a hand on you"

"Matthew Blue?... No... I can remember those eyes James" I looked at James.

"I remember his eyes" I whispered more to myself.

"Calm down, this isn't good for you Sophia"

"Get out" Matt seemed to tune into the conversation.

"I don't want you here" He walked off to his room I assume.

"Hold on Matt you can't kick her out she has nowhere else to go" James got up and went after to Matt.

I could hear them arguing, I can't stay here in harms way, I have to save myself this time. I grabbed my bag and got up and wiped my tears and left without a word.