Chapter 6: It's Called A Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Can I guess?"

"You could try." He smirked.

"You're going to kill me in an alley and then dump my body in the forest."

"I can't do that just yet. I need an A from your dad first." He smiled, watching me from the corner of his eye.

My eyes slowly widened, "I get it now. That's why you told my dad we're dating. You need an A."

"I don't need anything. And I only found out he was your dad when he greeted you."

"Speaking of college, you're going to be my assistant teacher?" I laughed.

"A whole lot of brains and a lot more beauty." He joked. I didn't have a comeback for that one, "You agree then?" He laughed.

"What? No..."

He only smiled at me.

"We're here." I hadn't been looking where we were going and when I did, we were at the local park (according to the sign).

"So you're killing me and dumping my body in a park?" I asked, amusement etched in my voice.

Hunter just laughed at me, "Honestly, I do kind of need that A."

I smiled back at him, "I thought you didn't need anything."

Hunter grabbed the basket from the backseat and then came over to help me out the car.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Killers don't generally offer a helping hand."

"Chill sweetheart. I promise I'm not going to kill you." And I took his hand gently stepping out of the car. However, Hunter didn't let go of my hand the entire time we were walking until he had to lay the blanket down.

"So you charm most girls like this?"

"I have my face to do that for me." He winked.

"And look how well that's been working out." I said sarcastically.

"Exactly. Pretty great. I mean, I got you here."

"That wasn't because of your face or charm."

"You think I have charm?" Hunter smiled.

I continued as if Hunter never interrupted, "I came because I had no choice."

"Yes, you did. You could've run once I put you down." He smiled.

"In these heels?" I pointed to my feet, "I'm hungry, what did you get?" Completely changing the topic.

"Woah, I think you just agreed to come to get free food."

I put my finger to my mouth, "I forgot. That was definitely the reason."

-

Hunter was pleasant company when he wasn't arrogant or a pain in the ass. When we'd finished our picnic, Hunter pulled me up and took me to a small wishing well.

"Make a wish, sweetheart."

I took the coin from him, closed my eyes and threw the coin in.

"What did you wish for?" Hunter whispered.

"Bad girls don't make wishes, they are the wishes."

Hunter groaned, "So lame." And he flicked his coin into the well.

"What did you wish for?" I asked curiously.

"For a good roommate."

"Your wish is never coming true." I smirked and walked back to the car. Hunter soon caught up and took my hand in his. I tried pulling it out of his grip but he help on tight.

Hunter's gentleman moment was over and I had to open my own door.

Once we were both sitting inside and we simply sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until I broke it, "For a spontaneous date. That wasn't too bad." I smiled at him.

"Oh it wasn't spontaneous, sweetheart."

Please comment and vote xx