Chapter 18: the good girl escapes

Thanks for reading!!!

Enjoy:)

------

My eyes widened at who was standing before me.

"Amber," my voice came out in a raspy whisper, but it was clear enough. It looked like they threw acid on her. I closed my eyes and looked down, disgusted that the man responsible for this

Was my father.

I was never so glad that Lincoln was with my sister, or she'd have gotten taken too.

"Juliet. They're gone and you have to run. I think they went out to get more girls. They figured that since they did this to me, I wouldn't do anything, but I found the key," Amber said, her words slurred a bit by the damage they did. She helped me to my feet and I wobbled a little, since I haven't walked in weeks.

I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath.

Was this it? Could I finally get out?

I pushed off the wall and limped to the door. The house was unnaturally silent. Amber followed behind me until I got to the back door.

"You're coming with me," I said. I was not leaving her here. She gave me a broken smile and shook her head.

"No. Someone's got to stay and care for the girls he brings. Besides I'd have no where to go," she said and I shook my head.

"No. Amber. I am not leaving you here. You are coming and staying with me, please. I'll never forgive you or myself if I get out and you don't," I grabbed her wrist and she grabbed mine and looked directly into my gaze.

"Then find help. Call the police. Send them here. Have these bastards locked away forever and I'll find you. I promise I'll find you. Don't leave us here. Don't forget about us," she whispered before physically pushing me out the back door.

I squinted and cursed under my breath at the incredible brightness outside. I haven't seen sunlight in weeks, being chained in the basement. I stumbled across the yard and pushed through the trees and bushes of the woods that surrounded the house.

I ran as fast and as hard as I could, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I'm free. My feet screamed at me to slow down, but I just pushed myself farther.

Amber. I promise I won't forget. I will get every single female out of that godforsaken house.

I froze and turned around when I heard an extremely angry roar from back at the house.

Terry's home.

I spun back around and ran to the road.

Please let there be a car, please let there be a car.

I almost collapsed on the road when I saw the truck coming.

"Please stop!," I screamed. The truck swerved off to the side and my heart beat sped up.

A woman jumped out and ran over to me. "Oh my god, are you okay?," she bent down to me, laying on the floor, hurt, my feet bleeding, covered in scars and dirt. I grabbed her hand.

"Hospital. Please," I managed to rasp out before my body relaxed. I was safe. This woman would take care of me now.

Everything went black.

--Lincolns Point of View--

"Lincoln! Oh my god. Lincoln wake the hell up," I flinched and rolled over to face my yelling mother.

"What mom. I'm not in the mood."

Today marks 5 whole weeks that Juliet's been gone. 

"Get up and put a shirt on. We're going to Mercy West Hospital," she cried out, practically pulling me out of bed. My thoughts shot to my brothers or Leanna.

"What happened? The boys," I asked, yanking a black shirt over my head and pulling on my Vans.

My mother looked at me with teary eyes and a watery smile. "They found her."

My heart stopped. Time seemed to freeze. "What?," I managed to say.

"They found Juliet."

-------

Hey! Sorry for the short chapter:(( but hey! Good things happened! And two updates in one day. So that's a plus.

Vote

Comment

And stayed tuned

Later loves:)

- Jules Anne:)