Ch. 4: tutoring the bad boy

Lana to the right:)

Thank you

Enjoy

---

Juliet's Point of View•

I managed to cover up the bruise on my cheek with enough concealer so it wasn't noticeable to anyone. My stomach was almost completely bruised and I think they broke a rib. Every breath I took felt like a knife in my chest.

The day had gone by smoothly, no Lana incidents, no Lincoln incidents. Nothing. Summer didn't suspect anything either.

I go into Mrs. Starks class, just as the bell rang. She collected the assignment from yesterday, was surprised that I finished it, and called me into the hall.

"Summer told you that I needed to speak with you," she asked. I nodded and prepared myself for the worst.

You're failing

You won't graduate

Your mother is pulling you from school

Your father is here.

But what I thought she would say and what she actually said are two completely different things.

My heart stopped. My lungs froze up and I stopped and stared at her with a horror stricken expression.

"W-what," I stuttered out. I must have heard her wrong. There is no way she said what I think she did.

She said it again, but I couldn't hear it. I watched her lips move in the motions that I so desperately didn't want them to say.

"Are you ok Juliet?," she asked. I nodded.

"He's failing. You're at the top of your class. Lincoln Dean needs you to tutor him or he won't pass this class, and he won't graduate," she said for the third time. She poked her head inside the class and called out his name. I didn't even realize he was in this class.

My cheek throbbed and my stomach felt like it was ran over by a semi truck. All because one girl wanted to keep me away from this boy. I watched him saunter toward us in the hall and breathed out sharply, not noticing I've been holding my breath.

"Lincoln. This is Juliet Darling. She's going to be your new tutor," Mrs. Stark introduced him to me.

"Clumsy is my tutor?"

I blinked in confusion. Clumsy? Who is clums-- oh.

Rude.

"You know each other," Mrs. Stark asked. I then found my voice.

"Briefly. In the halls. I'll do it, but it can only be done at my house on Tuesdays and Thursday's. After school. Please don't be late," I rushed out. I yanked out my notebook, scribbled my address on it and practically there it at him.

"We can start tomorrow," I said just as the last bell rang. I looked around to be sure Lana didn't pop out from anywhere before stuffing my note back back in my bag and running off.

Mrs. Stark gave Lincoln on odd look. "She's acting strange. Usually so cute and kind. Not so frightened and rushed. Must be busy," she commented.

I made it out to my car and paled at the small pink note that was folded on my drivers seat. I picked it up and opened it slowly.

Don't forget what I said. Stay away.

I shoved it into the glove box and practically sped home. My mother still wasn't there. Thank god. She didn't need to see me like this. Leanna would be coming home tomorrow.