Ch. 14: good girl opens up

Thank you for reading.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

-------

"Lincoln...," I started," you'll have to understand, I have never told anyone some of the things I'm about to tell you," I said. He used the rag to wipe a tear away.

"I should feel special then, huh," he teased. I tried to laugh but it came out more as a sob.

"Hey, don't do that. No more tears," Lincoln said. This was the soft side of him that he refused to let anyone else see.

"I was three years old when it started. I shouldn't remember it, I was so young, but I feel like I'll never forget it. Like it'll never leave my head," I started.

My father came home drunk. He had just gotten a huge promotion and was celebrating with his friends. Me and my mom were on the couch, waiting for him to come home.

When he finally did, he was dead drunk. He's never come home like that. On the days that he did, he always called and said he was staying with a buddy. He didn't want to be that drunk around me. I was so little.

But that night, he came home, stumbling around, knocking things over, swearing. My mother was holding me to her chest, yelling at him for being so drunk. He was yelling back.

My mother laid me down on the couch, still screaming at him, that he needed to leave and that he could come back when he was with his right mind.

That was the first time he hit her. A back hand across the face. She fell to the floor. I started crying and he looked at me. His eyes were bloodshot and angry and he came toward me. He picked me up off the couch and dropped me.

I hit my head on the coffee table and screamed. He just left me there and walked out the front door. My mother crawled to me and picked me up. She calmed me down and bandaged my head.

"He was never like that before. I don't know what made him come home that night, but ever since he wasn't the same. He would come home every night drunk and we couldn't stop what he did to us. When I turned 9, he started using knives. He would lay me down on the coffee table and tie my arms behind my back so I couldn't fight him. Then he would start," I laid a shaky hand on my abdomen and slowly lifted my shirt.

Jagged, ugly scars ripped up and down my sides, my stomach, my hips. Some from knives, some from other things he could find broken glass, picture frames.

"He was cutting me one night and I screamed. It was the first time I had screamed in a while, he did less damage if I just stayed quiet. A neighbor walking by must of heard me, called the police. They came and took him away. I was in the hospital for weeks.

Most of the cuts he inflicted got infected. I testified and he went to jail. And my mother moved us out of Colorado to here. After we moved here, she found out she was pregnant with another child from him. She was gonna abort, but then realized it wasn't the baby's fault. She had Leanna and then got a job. She went to law school, but then my father went mad and she couldn't leave me at home alone with him ever, so she quit her job. But after he was gone, she became a lawyer again. And was never home. I raised Leanna by myself. I was 11 years old, taking care of an infant, alone.

Last week she came back. She was gone for a month and a half, without a word to us. No call, no letters, no email. And then she just shows up and expects everything to be okay. I told her to choose because she couldn't keep doing this to Leanna. Coming and going. Getting her hopes up that one day she'll stay for good. I came downstairs and she was gone. She chose her job over us and my father chose the bottle," I finished with a sob. Tears were running down my face.

Lincoln stayed silent through out my story. Then he wiped my tears away and slowly slid a hand up my shirt.

I tended and tried to push his hand away but he caught my hand with his other one and softly stroked a finger over my scars. I was shaking so hard. I buried my face in his neck and sobbed as he traced a finger over them.

"The man I saw when I came here last week...," he said. I nodded.

"My father. I don't know how he learned about Leanna. He was I prison when my mother found out she was pregnant again. I don't even know how he knew where to find us. But now he knows and I have to protect her. I swore I would protect her," I sobbed.

"You guys'll come stay at my house. My mom won't mind, especially since she has three boys and having some girls in the house would make her super happy," he said. I shook my head.

"Lana. She threatened to hurt Leanna if I went anywhere near you again. I will not risk my baby sisters life for anyone. I'll find somewhere else to stay," I said. I jumped off the counter and started walking out.

"You won't have to worry about Lana anymore. I may have made an anonymous tip to the police that she's a drug dealer; which isn't a lie," he said. I stared at him in shock.

Lana dealt drugs?

"What?," I breathed.

"Lana won't hurt you or Leanna. And I won't let your father hurt you either. Pack some bags. You guys are coming with me," he said. I choked back more tears. I've cried enough today for a hundred lifetimes, I will not cry anymore.

"Okay?," Lincoln grabbed my hand and squeezed. I ignored how good it felt to have his hand in mine and nodded. He followed me upstairs and we spent the next hour and a half packing up most of my and Leanna's things into three big suitcases.

"I have to pick her up soon," I checked the time. Our bags were put in the back of my car and I went through and closed and locked all the windows, closed all the bedroom and bathroom doors, shut the basement door, and closed all the curtains. I made sure everything I wanted was with me and followed Lincoln out the front door, which I closed and locked.

I looked up at the house. We couldn't stay here anymore. He knew where to find us.

We would be safe now.

------

HOLY COW TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY?!?? AMAZING.

Yes I know this chapter is sad and depressing and violent and I'm sorry that this actually happens to real people and not just fictional characters.

Vote

Comment

And stay tuned.

Later lovelies

-JulieAnne:)