Chapter Thirteen -- THREE DAYS AGO 1:13 AM

Start from the beginning

    "Why?" I asked, my voice shaky. He looked up into my eyes and knitted his eyebrows together. "Why are you doing this? Th-this isn't you."

    He ruffled his hair with his hands and sighed, thinking of his answer carefully.

    "I don't want to do this. I have to," he said taking my only good hand in his.

    "Why?"

    "To save Sam...and you," he answered.

    I don't know what it was that triggered it, but I gave up. No matter how many times he told me his pathetic excuses, I will never believe him. I will never trust him. I will never love him. He is a monster who has done terrible and unspeakable things to young women. I hate him.

    "I don't believe you," I admitted, hoping I wouldn't anger him. Maybe I was? Hoping it would set him off and he would end up killing me in the end.

    He looked offended. His red puffy eyes made me want to take it back, but I saw the true him.

    "El, please --" he started to beg before I cut him short.

    "Don't call me that," I warned.

    That was what sent him over. He knew I only let the people I love call me that, and just by those four words alone, he knew I hated him.

    He cupped my cheeks with his hands, looking deeply into my eyes, begging me with his own. His bottom lip tremble as I stared back at him emotionless. He did this to me, and he knew it. He couldn't save me. I was already gone.

    "Danielle, please, just hear me out?" he begged. His hands shook violently as he waited for me to respond. I nodded. "I don't want to do this. I would do anything to not be here, but I have to. Carson, he said he would...he said he would kill--"

    He was suddenly cut off by that terrifying voice I crumble at when I hear it. The fact that my heart raced faster with each word that came out of Alan's mouth, infuriated me that Carson would interrupt.

    "Having a little heart-to-heart, are we?" he asked, smirking as he leaned against the door frame. His big muscles weren't what made him intimidating, it was his cold, distant eyes that pierced through you. He hasn't been wearing his mask at all since I first spotted him and that scared me even more than ever before. "I didn't think I would see you back so soon, big brother."

    Something grew in Alan. His hands were no longer shaking, they were in fists. His knuckles were even turning white. I looked up to his face to find his jaw clenched and eyes blazing. He was irate, but it didn't terrify me for some reason. Maybe I was starting to trust him again. Did his sob story work? Was it even a "sob" story?

    Within in seconds, Alan was up on his feet with his fists wrapped around the collar of his brother's shirts.

    Carson laughed.

    I could see Alan relax a little, confused with Carson's actions. I was too. Why was he laughing?

    "You're not going to hit me," he informed Alan, smirking.

    "And why do you think that? Did you forget what you did to Danielle? Huh, did you?" he yelled his voice laced with anger. He was basically smoking as he breathed heavily. "You're a sick bastard who deserves to rot in hell."

    Just as Alan pulled his fist back, Carson leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Whatever he said, only infuriated Alan more, but he dropped his fist and stormed past Carson, shoulder-checking him as he did.

    What did he say? Where is Alan going?

    My heart ached for him to come back. I needed him. If he's telling the truth, I don't want him to leave me.

    "How are you, El? Is that what he calls you?" Carson asked with a sinister smile on his face. I will admit, he's good looking, but it's such a pity how ugly his heart is. Both Alan and Carson are extremely attractive, but I guess only Alan grew up to not be like his father.

    I cringed at his use of my nickname. He seemed to notice and smiled bigger, enjoying my discomfort.

    "I see Alan has helped you clean yourself up. Did you learn your lesson, my sweet girl?"

    My eyes flickered over to the side table where three black-painted chips laid -- my fingernails. Pain erupted from my fingertips just remembering what he did. Before I even realized I was crying, he said, "Don't cry. I just need you to follow my rules, darling."

    As soon as his hand touched my face, I turned away. I didn't want his disgusting hands on me. I never want him to touch me again.

    He scoffed, but then started to laugh. I looked down away from his gaze. Bad idea.

    As he gritted his words through his teeth, I screamed in pain while he applied pressure onto my fingers. "I'm going to need you later, and if you dare make one wrong move, I will chop off each and every one of your fingers. Understand?" He squeezed harder when I didn't answer, I screamed even louder in pain. "Understand?"

    I nodded quickly, sobbing.

    Smirking, he pushed me back onto the bed, and I let him. The tears wouldn't stop. All I was praying for was for Alan to come and save me. That's what he said he was here for. Why isn't he doing it.

    "Al-Alan!" I cried out through my sobs.

    The next thing I knew, Carson was pulled off of me, and on the floor with Alan on top of him. He was yelling something before a fist came up and collided with his jaw. Alan fell back, unaware of what had just happened. Carson took this as an opportunity and was now on top of Alan, repeatedly, throwing punches left and right.

    I screamed for him to stop. He wouldn't. Why should I try, he won't stop and it'll only make him mad at me. I had to, though.

    Once I saw the blood, I stood up and quickly got over to the two brothers. I pulled on Carson's shoulder, begging him to stop, but he wouldn't. Then, out of nowhere, I was on the ground, rubbing my cheek to relieve the pain his back hand caused me.

    I looked over to find Alan there, rolling over, groaning in pain. My eyes followed where Carson must have gone to find a closed door. As I stared at it, the floor began to sway, and I gladly let the darkness take over me.

_________________________

Hello, everyone! Should we trust Alan? Do you believe what he's saying? Comment what you think!

Shout-outs: unicorn_ways, cheesefists, MaddyS3115