Chapter 2- Hello Again

Harry was stuck in his thoughts roaming around that wonderful first evening with Draco. The passionate kiss that he bestowed upon him had happened just yesterday. He hadn't really thought of anything else since then, especially now in potions class. It was easily his worst class even without him being distracted, but he was there too, and Harry could only find his eyes wandering over to where Draco sat. Draco was obviously thinking the same thing. Their eyes met and they immediately blushed, but did not turn away. In fact, they kept their eyes locked for what felt like an eternity, but it all ended too soon when he heard Ron yell,

"HARRY!"

"Huh, what?" Harry replied disappointed that he had to break his eye contact with Draco to turn back to Ron.

"What are you doing?!"

He hadn't even noticed that the bluish, greenish liquid he was pouring into his cauldron was now bubbling over, spilling everywhere.

"OH MY GOD HERMIONE HELP!" Harry turned to the girl whose name he had said and pointed downwards: His potion was burning a hole through the floor.

"Mr. Potter," said a cold voice that he knew all too well. Professor Snape was standing right behind him. "What the, exactly, do you think you're doing? I told you specifically to add a drop, not the whole bottle, you ignorant imbecile! Ten points from Gryffindor."

DM-HP-DM-HP-DM-HP

After class had ended, he, Ron, and Hermione headed up to Gryffindor Tower to drop their stuff off before heading off for lunch.

"What was that about?" Ron said coldly as they trudged their way down the marble steps to lunch. "It's like you're more distracted than usual."

"Huh? I don't know what you mean." It was a lie. He obviously knew what he was talking about. Upon entering the dining Hall, Harry immediately searched for Draco and nearly fell into Professor McGonagall.

"There you go again," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"Hello, Potter, Weasley, Granger." McGonagall looked at each of them then back at Harry. "Bit distracted today, are we?"

Harry grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." His eyes continued to search the hall behind the Professor and wander until his eyes meet his. Draco stared back, transfixed. Crabbe and Goyle were standing behind Draco and slowly saw what he was gazing at. They looked slightly confused at first and then they started laughing at him, poking him a bit to hard to be friendly. The thought that anyone would laugh at Draco made Harry sick.

"Excuse me for a moment, Professor," Harry said, running over to Malfoy and shooting a quick and discreet hex at Crabbe and Goyle. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Draco smiled at Harry and looked past him towards Ron and Hermione, who were staring at the pair in shock. His smiled faltered slightly. "Your friends might not be, though."

"Oh , yeah. Them." Harry turned around to see the same sight as Draco, but quickly turned back. "I should probably go..." He said trailing off, with no intention to leave until Draco agreed with him.

"Alright then. See you around, Potter."

He walked back to Ron and Hermione and ushered them to the Gryffindor table to sit down.

"What the bloody hell was that about Harry?" Ron said as soon as he sat down. "It's almost as if you care about Malfoy. Which you don't, right? 'Cause he's an absolute jerk, right, Harry?"

"Yeah, sure. It doesn't matter." Harry said blushing lightly. He decided to change the subject. "So are you guys going to the next hogsmeade trip?"