Prologue, Part 2 ~ Assembling The Team

Start from the beginning

I can still remember those days... That road...that café...that cold, snowy mountain...that other road...those people I met... Mysteria... MYSTERIA. That woman! MYS-TER-IA. That liar... She made me go in circles!

You know those times when you feel that you just want to punch someone annoying? Yes, I know those times. Sometimes, I just want to punch her out of my memory...

All this reminiscing made me even hungrier.

"Okay! I'm ready!" I smiled at myself in the mirror and pumped my fists. I may be old, but I'm young at heart.

Oh wait. Haven't brushed my teeth yet...
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After brushing my teeth, leaving a nice mint scent in my mouth (Seriously, my mouth smelled horrible; I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night), I went out to buy some ingredients. Before I did, I agreed to myself that it was a better idea to list what I need.

With the note in my hand, I walked to the nearest convenience store called Olforya Shoppe.

/Same day; 9:00 am, Olforya Shoppe/

Ah, I took a deep breath to smell the nice scent of the store's air conditioning. The shop whose owner has a pun surname. Evie and I used to go hear together... She always pays for everything—rarely ever letting me pay.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lawton!" The good owner greeted from the counter. Her name was Agatha Olforya. She had a faded golden hair and a pair of glasses over her green eyes. She wore a red and black polo shirt and a pair of brown pants. She had gotten a little fatter now than before.

"Still a mister, Mrs. Olforya," I replied with a chuckle. "You still have flour, eggs, butter, pancake syrup, milk, sugar, and blueberries, right?"

She nodded in reply. "Of course! Would you like me to get them for you?"

It's a nice offer but I shook my head. "Well... You can help me with the flour boxes." I added, chuckling again.

"Of course!" She nodded, laughing with me.

I've had experience with those flour boxes.. I always buy many of them so I don't have to get back over and over again...which could further kill my back...

/Same day; 9:29 am, Lawton Family's Residence/

It only took a while to buy all I needed. I immediately went home along with Mrs. Olforya—she was helping me carry the flour boxes that I bought.

We shortly arrived to my house. I used my key to unlock the front door and let Mrs. Olforya in. I told her to just leave the boxes in the kitchen. She bid farewell to me and walked away.

"Mrs. Olforya!" I called, successfully halting her. "Have a tip!" Then I flung a coin to her. I did so thrice so it wouldn't seem unfair. She managed to catch all of those coins that came from afar.

"Thank you!" She yelled back, waving once again.

As if on cue, something rang after Mrs. Olforya left. It was my phone! I, then, inserted my hands to my pockets to find it.

"Nothing again... Really?" I told myself. Unbelievable. It must be at my room.

With a quick turn, I 'ran' (more like fast-walked) my way to the room to get my phone.
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------