Chapter 6

My smile continued to grow as I recognized more and more of the elvish city. Soon, Elrohir and Elladan came to a stop. I quickly dismounted and waited for the brothers to do the same.

"I shall go find Arwen," Elladan said once he gave the reins of his horse to a stable worker.

Elrohir and I nodded and the elf took off to look for his sister. After Elladan had given the stable worker his horse, he led me into the city. We walked through the hallways, side by side.

"How have you been, Aeareth?" Elrohir asked me.

"Not too bad," I replied. "Traveling with a group of dwarves is more exhausting than I had realized."

He chuckled.

"I'm sure. You said they do not know of your presence amongst them?"

"Yes. I wish to keep it that way for as long as I can. They aren't fond of elves and I would rather they continue this journey without worrying about an 'annoying elf.' How have you been?"

Elrohir told me of different things he and his brother had done over the years, like traveling or training. We soon came to a familiar door. I placed my hand on the knob and slowly opened the door. Stepping inside, I smiled. It was the same as how I had left it years ago. The room was white and the walls had carvings that made it looks like trees. Along the far wall was a canopied bed. Opposite of it was a wardrobe that I knew was filled with my old clothes. I touched the post of the bed, smiling. Memories of Rivendell came flooding back.

"Aeareth!"

I spun around and saw an elleth running towards me. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I laughed and hugged her back.

"Ni veren an gi ngovaned, Arwen (I am happy to meet you, Arwen)," I laughed.

Arwen pulled away and looked at me.

"It has been too long since you have visited, Aeareth," she said.

I nodded.

"Indeed it has."

Elrohir cleared his throat from the doorway.

"We shall leave you two some time alone," he said. "Feel free to find us later so we can catch up."

Arwen and I nodded as the twins closed the door. Arwen took my hands and led me to the bed, sitting me down.

"What are you doing here, Aeareth?" Arwen asked me, looking straight at me. "I saw adar with a group of dwarves, a halfling, and Mithrandir. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Arwen. Everything is fine. I told your father I would explain everything later. I'm sure he will allow you and your brothers to be present when I talk to him. Right now, I just want to rest a little, then check on the company."

Arwen nodded.

"Nothing has been touched in here since you left. Everything is still in their original places."

I smiled.

"Thank you, mellonnen." Arwen gave me another hug before walking to the door. As she pulled it open, I spoke again. "By the way, I want to hear about you and Aragorn later."

She turned her head and smiled at me before closing the door behind her. Smiling, I pulled off my bow, quiver, and swords and placed them against the wall. After a quick bath, I changed into a dark blue dress and braided my hair.