Doctors

The waiting room at the doctors office was quiet, bland, and boring. Literally nothing could make this place interesting.

Everyone here looked sad, and I don't blame them. This place is depressing. Usually doctors offices aren't happy places, but at least the one back home doesn't make me feel like I'm gonna die of boredom.

"Tyler?" Some receptionist called.

At least three people turned to look at her. Two people stood up. She sighed. 'Tyler Joseph?"

I took a deep breath and stood up.

Despite knowing exactly what the doctor was going to say, I was still really nervous. Doctors have a way of making me feel extremely nervous. They always have.

I don't even know why. Its not like Dr. Glenn was bad or mean to me. She was a phenomenal doctor. Just an irrational fear, I guess.

The receptionist smiled at me and lead me to a small room with a desk, a couple chairs, and a table for me to sit on.

"The doctor will be right with you. She's just finishing up with someone else."

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks."

She nodded and left, closing the door behind her.

I looked around the room, seeing a few pictures kids had made out of ripped construction paper. My eyes moved to a pile of papers sitting on the desk; a few on the floor.

I waited a few minutes before deciding to pick up the papers so the doctor had them. Just as I picked up the first piece of paper, the door opened.

My head shot to the direction of the door and my face flushed.

"What're you doing?" The doctor asked, crossing her arms and cocking an eyebrow.

"The, uh, the papers were on the floor so I um.. Thought I'd pick them up for you so they..." I trailed off, standing up and walking back to the table.

I hung my head in embarrassment, hoping the blush would leave soon.

The doctor snickered and walked over to her desk. She leaned down and picked up the rest of the papers.

After she had them all organized and together, she took a seat and took in a sharp breath.

"So, Tyler, why're you here?"

"Um.. My friends think I need to talk to you. I had problems with schizophrenia and a split personality in the past. Everything kind of quieted down sometime when I was seventeen and one of the voices came back."

She nodded, about to say something, but I cut her off.

"Oh, and the voice that came back also happens to be the split personality."

She nodded again, writing something down.

"I had a patient in the past that had those problems too. His name was..." She paused, eyebrows furrowing. "What's your name?"

"Tyler."

Her brows furrowed more. "Last name?"

"Joseph."

Shouldn't she have this crap written somewhere?

"Wait, Dr. Glenn?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded "Yes. Good to see you again, Tyler. Too bad its not on the street, though."

I nodded. "Yeah, that would've been a better place. At least this way I don't have to explain everything to a new doctor."

She nodded, twirling her pen around her thumb, her face going emotionless. 

I smirked. "I remember teaching you how to do that."

She smiled again. "I remember that too."

"So, can you tell me a little more about what's been happening?" She asked.

"Blurry's been talking a lot and threatening to switch me while I'm preforming. The other two haven't spoken since 2005."

"Preforming?"

I nodded. "We have a show tonight."

She held a puzzled look on her face.

I internally face palmed at how stupid I was. "I'm in a band called Twenty One Pilots."

"Oh, that's you?"

I laughed a little. "Yeah, me and Josh."

"Oh, I remember him!"

We spent about ten more minutes catching up and being nostalgic of our old visits.

"Alright, lets be serious for a minute." She started. "I'll give you a prescription for the meds you were on in highschool. If they don't do anything, give me a call and I'll come to you and see if we can change anything."

"Dr. Glenn, you don't have to do that. I can come back here."

She shook her head. "I want to see you guys preform anyways."

I smiled at her.

She glanced at the clock. "I've got another patient to see. It was great seeing you again, Tyler." She said with a smile.

I returned the smile and stood up. She walked over to me and pulled me in for a short hug which I returned almost immediately.

"We should catcher up again sometime." I suggested.

She nodded, pulling back from the hug. "We should."

See quickly wrote out the prescription and sent me out.

Before heading back to the bus, I stopped at the closest pharmacy to pick up the medicine.

When I got back in the bus, I took the meds right away. After I did, Mark and Josh started asking me how it went.

"Remember Dr. Glenn?" I asked Josh.

He nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"She moved here or something and was the doctor I saw today."

Josh gave a small smile. "I always liked her."

"Me too."

"Who?" Mark asked.

Josh and I laughed a little. "Nobody."

Mark shrugged and went back to his computer.

"Everything went okay then?" Josh asked.

I nodded.

"What'd she do?"

"Put me back on a few of the meds I took in highschool. Nothing big. Oh, and she's gonna come see us preform sometime."

Josh smiled again, this time bigger. "Actually?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she seemed really excited about it."

Josh and I stayed silent for while after that.

"Guys, the episode of that stupid show you like is playing." Mark said, looking at the TV guide.

"Which one?" I asked, sitting beside him in the couch.

"I think its the one you missed."

"Put it on." Josh said, sitting on the other side of Mark.

Mark sighed, putting on the show.

"Oh stop, nobody's forcing you to watch it." I said jokingly.

"Yeah, but it sucks so much and there's not exactly anywhere I can go that's not the bunks to avoid it."

"Sucks to be you, then." Josh said with a small laugh, taking the remote from Mark and turning up the volume.

Mark stuck his tongue out at us and went back to his computer.