Sleepless Nights

I sat on the couch, slumped over with my head in my hands, listening to Blurryface's incessant rambling.

"... HOW DO I LIIIIIVVEEE!!! THE DEAAATH OF A BACHELOOOORRR, OOOHHH OOOHHH! LETTING THE WATER FALL! THE DEAAATH OF A BACHELOOOORRR, OOOHHH OOOHHH! SEEMS SO FITTING FOR HAPPILY EVER AFTTEEEEEEEERRR! HOW COULD I ASK FOR MORE!! LIFE TIME OF LAUGHTEEEER AT THE EXPENSE OF THE DEATH OF A BACHELOOORRR!!!" He sang off key, throwing his head back, while he sat on the counter. 

"Can you stop? Its three am!" I whisper yelled.

"Its three am." He mocked.

I rolled my eyes, resting my head against the back of the couch. "You're so annoying."

"Awe, thank you!"

I rolled my eyes again and looked at him. "Why're you like this? All I want is sleep."

"Oh no, poor baby." He hopped off the counter. "We don't all get what we want. And you know exactly how to make this stop... How you can sleep again.." He snarked, standing over me.

"For the last time, no!"

He shrugged, turning so his back was facing me, standing still. "Your life you're throwing away."

"I'd be throwing it away if I give you what you want!"

"Would you really though?"

"Yes! I would be!"

"Pssht, no you wouldn't."

"Oh my-" I took in a sharp breath, cutting myself off. "I'm not having this argument at quarter after three in the morning."

"I hope you wake up your wife and have to explain why you're awake talking to yourself at three am." He smirked, cocking his head to the left, facing me again.

"She knows you're back, so what difference would it make?"

"I just wanna see how you'd tell her. You seem to get really flustered when you're talking about me. You know, the same way you'd used to get flustered talking about Jenna?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't get flustered. And even if I did, it'd be in a COMPLETELY different way than when I'd get flustered over Jenna." I crossed my arms over my chest as I spoke.

"Yeah, yeah. Flustered or not, you get anxious and nervous talking about me."

"Gee, I wonder why."

"Now we're asking the real questions!" He threw his hands up, giving off a false sense of excitement.

I rolled my eyes for the millionth time that night.

"If you keep rolling your eyes like that, they're gonna get stuck in your head."

"Nyuuuh." I stuck my tongue out.

He rolled his eyes in response.

He stayed quiet for a bit, but I knew I wasn't gonna get any sleep, so I turned my attention back to the TV. It was still playing reruns of The Walking Dead, so I just left it on that. The remote was still on the other side of the couch, and Jenna had cuddled up next to me again. I didn't want to wake her for something as stupid as a remote.

Plus, I needed a quick refresher of what was going on before tomorrow night.

4 AM

"ITS IRRESISTIBEEEEEEEEEELLLLE OOHOOOOHHHH YEAH! OOHOOOOHHHH OOOOOOOHHHHOOO YEAH! I LOVE THE WAY, I LOVE THE WAY, I LOVE THE WAY YOU HURT ME BABY! I LOVE THE WAY-"

"Stop!" I whisper yelled, rubbing my temples.

"Why? Have y-y-y you got a migraine?" He laughed hysterically at his own terrible joke.

"Yes, I do have a migraine. Probably from lack of sleep." I shot him a quick death glare.

"I'm proud of what I've done." He smiled proudly, straightening his posture to make himself look taller.

"Jesus Christ.." I whispered.

He put a hand over his chest with a mock shocked expression. "Watch your mouth!"

I sighed and threw my head back gently, trying not to wake Jenna while doing so.

5 AM

The sun was starting to rise, meaning that Blurryface would soon be quiet and I could maybe get in two to three hours of sleep. If I'm lucky.

"I still don't see why you'd wanna sleep. Don't you like talking to me?"

"Not really."

"Fine, we won't talk. I'll sing again." He paused, then took in a deep, sharp breath. "SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD, SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOOD, BUT YOU WILL REMEMMBBBEERRR MEEEE! REMEMMBBBEERRR ME FOR CENTURRIIIEEESSS!!!"

"Stop singing!!"

"I thought you liked my singing!"

"I never have, and especially not at five in the freaking morning!"

"You don't have to be rude about it."

"Quit pouting, you big baby."

He glared at me and faded away. "Finally!" I sighed, laying down. 'Maybe I can actually get more than two hours sleep tonight.' I thought.

8 AM

"Tyler, wake up." Someone said, lightly shaking my shoulder.

I shrugged them off, and rolled over, trying to get a little more sleep.

"Tyler, you gotta get up. There's a scheduled meet and greet with some fans today in two hours."

"So? Can't I sleep for another hour?" I mumbled, barely audible as my face was buried in my pillow.

"No, wake up." They shook me again.

I sat up and yawned. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw it was Josh who was trying to wake me up.

"Didn't sleep again last night?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. Got three hours in last night though, that's better than last night."

He laughed softly. "We can reschedule the meet and greet till tomorrow if you need to get caught up on your sleep today."

I shook my head again. "We have a week off after this. I'll just get caught up then. I'm not making the fans wait until tomorrow."

He nodded. "Food?"

I laughed. "Depends, what're we getting?"

"We're stopped close to a Taco Bell."

"Yes, let's go!" I jumped up and dashed for the bus door.

I could hear Josh laughing from outside the vehicle, which soon faded put as I got farther from the bus.

"Wait up you dork!" He called running up to me.

"No, you're too slow!" I laughed.

He ran past me and turned around quick to yell, "Who's slow now?"

I laughed again and watched as he ran towards the Taco Bell in front of us.