Chapter Twenty - I got you good...

• Dedicated to <3 Pinky <3

The rest of our week went by perfectly. It was Saturday and we were off to Amanda's for the family barbeque. She had some news to tell everyone and everyone was talking about it. Besides me, I was way too worked up in Jessie to realise what was going on around me. We were sitting in my lounge room waiting for me to get off the phone with Cindy. We'd just started talking too. Jessie tapped my legs which were over his lap.

'ah you have to get Amanda to call me, I want her to tell me the big news, I wonder what it is any way. Any guesses?' Cindy asked and I heard some wind wrap around the speaker part of her phone.

'no idea, I hope she isn't pg. Another Martin running around smells trouble'

'oh come on their cute'

'no babies are cute but not the Martin's'

'wait til I tell Marly this, your dead'

'that wasn't what I was intending'

'no of course not' she said sarcastically and I laughed a little.

'so where are you off to?'

'we're going to this fancy lake restaurant. I can't wait'

'what time is it?'

'hecked if I know, I'm not paying attention to time'

'no just your hungry hormones'

'no!' she whined and I laughed.

'oh I got you good'

'oh I'll get you back. Oh and I can't believe you actually liked the dinner'

'what? You're saying it was a bad idea?'

'no, it was the best of course. I did all the planning, Jessie just too credit'

'yeah Cindy, sounds about right'

'what can I say? I know what my best friend likes'

'yes, yes you do. Unfortunately of course'

'unfortunately? I thought it was a pretty good idea and I'm a great best friend'

'yeah great Cindy. Which is why you're off in Paris while I'm stuck here bored'

'bored? Oh don't worry I'll tell Jessie step it up a notch' she laughed and I blushed looking at Jessie.

'you've been talking to him?' I asked shocked that they talked.

'yep, where do you think he gets all his good ideas? He isn't as good as you put him out to be'

'he's perfectly fine thank you very much'

'keep telling yourself that'

'and I will'

'good because some things I must admit that he does are quiet good'

'and you object him because?'

'because I know you better'

'because that's totally a valid excuse'

'he doesn't object so I guess so'

'oh I'll change that'

'no way, I like it when people listen to me'

'him being the only one of course' I joked laughing and I could imagine her glaring at me and hitting me too.

'shut up' she whined giving in to me.

'I totally got you good'

'so what are you guys doing now?'