Chapter Nine - Working two boys, wedding plans and playing the field.

That night went by so fast for me. Seeing him in my dreams again. This time I wasn't regretting anything, I was kind of expecting more. This week was going so fast. Dinner at Cindy's was nice; max always was a good cook. It had been an initial big moment. Cindy had asked me to be her maid of honour. Of course I was thrilled and she exclaimed loudly that Jessie was allowed to come. I wanted to ask him but was kind of afraid he was say no. So on my only day off this week I was spending it with Cindy in a stupid dress store. She was trying to find a dress for me to wear. I was sick of trying on dresses and it was lunch time so I was hungry too. Right now I had a green dress on. It wasn't the colour she wanted but she liked the dress heaps. I mean it was okay [picture on the side is not this dress]. It had a small flower in the crest end of the boobs. Cindy was pulling faces trying to work out whether she liked the design. The dress lady was standing patiently beside me overlooking the dress in the mirror. I sighed slumping my shoulders.

'so what exactly are we looking for Cindy?' the lady asks turning back to face Cindy. She was sitting down breathing heavily. She was already stressing. Great!

'well I wanted a red dress. Right now I just want dress designs' Cindy answers and her phone beeps. She picks it up immediately diving into conversation with whoever it was. It was probably Max.

'so you have a slim body and we don't want a puffy dress. Do you know if you look good with beading?' the lady asks me looking me in the eye through the mirror. I heard the store door open but couldn't see who it was.

'yeah I suppose so' I frown thinking about it. I never really wore dresses with beading, maybe sequins but not beading. Was there a difference?

'I think I have the perfect dress for you. It's actually a cocktail dress but they won't know that. It has no straps, is this alright?'

'yeah, I wear strapless dresses all the time'                                                                           

'it's a beautiful dress and it's going to suit you so well. Oh and also it has a slit up the middle. Showing off your legs'

'oh'

She disappeared around the mirrors and I turned to face Cindy who was putting her phone away.

'who was it?' I ask her and she joins me up here.

'it was Max'

'what did he want?'

'just saying the boys want his bachelor party a couple of days before the wedding'

'shouldn't it be the night before?'

'yeah but Dylan wants it to go a couple of days'

'seriously? Where are they going?'

'I get no details. I know right hidden in the dark. Where did Sarah go?'

'Sarah?'

'the dress lady, don't you pay attention?'

Oh the lady had told us her name? Gee I hadn't been paying attention. I could hear voices near the counter near the cash register but I was yet to see any faces.

'oh her, she went to get another dress'

'oh okay. What colour?'

'it's red'

'oh nice, let's hope it's a good dress'

'yeah it's a cocktail dress'

'but-'

'Cindy could you come here?' Sarah calls out and Cindy too disappears behind the mirror. I sighed sitting down on the first step. Coming around the corner I see Juliet with two other girls and...Jessie? What the hell was he doing here?