2.THE LIGHT AND THE SHADOW

Full of determination, Frank got closer to the window.

The light twinkled intermittently. He would have said it was blue but he wasn't sure at all. The little spark had an undefined color, unknown by the human eye. Or was it changing its color? The boy's mind worked as fast as it could because in that moment there were too many interrogants roaming in his head.

The light suddenly disappeared. It suddenly faded into the mysterious darkness and everything hidden in it. But it was just one of those hidden things what Frank was looking for. The question was, which one? What was he exactly looking for?

Then he made another choice. He had to move forwards, so he took the window's handle and spinned it to open it. The fresh air of autumn broke into the bedroom, making Frank shake because of the steep change of temperature.

Before he got outside, the boy observed the external blackness. That evocative color which represented nothing and everything at the same time. He never understood people's rejection for that color since in the end it's the one that surrounds you and the one you confide your sleep. Now that color contained his aim. An aim without shape, without color or known identity, either. Because everybody fears the unknown but if anybody had ever faced it, it would be less than nothing the knowledge we currently own.

  Once he was outside, Frank breathed deeply maybe trying to smell what he was looking for even he didn't know what was it as he would apply all his senses as much as he could to carry out his new objective. His five senses plus any other instinct or sixth sense he could might use, if it existed something like that. He got the impression that human capacities weren't enough to do that although he might was already fantasizing excessively because of the need of adventure, something new and exciting.

Because his daily life was based on the monotony and boredom.

  There wasn't any motivation in Frank's life. And loneliness didn't help at all.

Not having a thing to be enthusiastic for is one of the worst things that can happen to anybody. He hated going to high school, there wasn't a single subject he liked. That was the reason why he didn't pay attention or did his homework, something which logically made his grades be low and which demotivated him even more as the arguments at home increased in numbers.

He didn't get along well enough to anybody, either, so there was nobody he could meet, laugh and cry with and talk about all his worries and feelings to. And loneliness is one of the most destructive things for the human being.

The only thing he could be doing for hours was playing his precious guitar which kept him more company than anyone around him in those moments.

  Definitely, Frank needed a change even if it was just solving that mysterious that later could happen to be really absurd.

But once his eyes had got used to the lack of light, he realized that his aim was anything but absurd.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Thank you so much for reading this fanfic, you already know it means a lot to me. Please don't be afraid of commenting any opinion you have since your contributions are always gratefully welcome. ❤

I leave you my twitter here:
✘Aw🔥ke & Un⚠fraid✘ (@laguipikiyokian): https://twitter.com/laguipikiyokian?s=09