Chapter xiii

I was sitting down on the couch hours later, we laughed and talked and we sang Christmas songs.
Sean then began to talk about the weather in London and Liverpool and how "Posh" his lifestyle was growing up. I laughed at the numerous times he had told me that his mother dressed him up in ridiculous button up shirts and slacks. Sean just made me laugh, and he was all around a really funny guy.

I then began going into detail about my childhood. I remember sitting on my dad's tractor and he would drive me around. I also remember the fork lift and the animals on our farm. Then we moved to the city.

Moving to a big city was a totally different experience. No cows, no farms, and no swamps. There were just big signs and big buildings. Not to mention, country music wasn't as big in New York than it was in Oklahoma.

"So you grew up in Oklahoma?" Sean asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Yep, home to Carrie Underwood," I said smiling.

Sean just laughed and I laughed with him. Rini soon came back from one of her outings with Tana and she smiled at both Sean and I. Running over to me she hugged me and smiled. She soon went over to Sean and gave him a great big bear hug.

I was so glad to see her happy. Tana always knew how to make her happy, which is why I liked it when Tana took her out on outings. I also liked it when I spent time with her, but I liked my time alone as well. Rini then jumped onto the couch and sat in Sean's lap. She smiled up at him and giggled.

"Do you love my mommy?" She asked. Sean's eyes widened, but he soon began to laugh.

"I like your mommy, but I'm not sure if I love her, you see, I don't know your mom well enough to know that yet." He explained to her. She looked sad.

"Oh," She said looking down.

I looked up at her and had her look at me. She looked back with a frown. I wanted to explain to her that it wasn't an insult, and that two people could not just automatically love each other. It had to take a very long time for that, but she wouldn't fully understand that until she was a little older.

Tana looked at her and picked her up. Looking at her with a smile.

"He wasn't being mean sweetheart, He's just getting to know your momma, that's all." She said.

"Oh.." She said, as she understood a little bit as to where Tana was going.

I smiled at the two as they embraced each other and Sean looked at me sadly. I knew he felt bad for Rini, but we couldn't say we loved each other yet, because both Sean and I we didn't know if we would be getting there or not.