Chapter i

Dedicated to: GiaAlexiou

December 3, 2016

I stood inside the kitchen and watched as my four year old daughter started to mess around with the icing in my big red bowl. Rini was a good kid. She always did as she was told and never gave much of a fuss about anything, except for monsters and school. This holiday season I had been working overtime, again, and Rini would be spending yet another Christmas alone with my sister Tana.

Today was my only day off this week, and I wanted to make it special for Rini. She always made everything special for me, so it was the least I could do for her. Walking towards our refrigerator, which was in fact covered with drawings, I grabbed a caramel apple and cut it into fourths. Two for me and two for Rini.

"Mummy," she said as she looked at me. I looked down at her.

"Yes pumpkin?" I said.

"Why don't I have a daddy?" she asked.

Those words echoed into my mind and I could now feel my body getting colder and colder from what she had asked me. How could I tell her that her father bailed on her when she was born? It would break her poor heart, and I know that's not what I want to do. I don't want to have to tell her that her father left us, but I guess there's no avoiding it now.

"Well sweetheart, daddy sort of left when you were born." I said.

Rini looked at me. She was confused and no more to say the least, she was also quite sad. Tears quickly began to  form in her eyes, and soon they spilled out of them.

"Why, why did he leave us!" She cried.

I looked at my child and tears started to form in my eyes. Though I refused for them to come out. I wouldn't let her see me like this. I soon looked down at her and smiled sadly.

"I don't know sweetheart, I really don't know." I replied.

She held onto me as she cried. I wish that there was something I could do.
It had been four years since I last dated, and that was when I was with her dad, Jake. Oh how I loathed him!

I could remember the phone I got when I was in the hospital. He denied that Rini was his, and when we went for a DNA test and it came out positive, he still walked out of her life. He told his family I was crazy. And he told his mom I tried to trap him. It hurt me badly.

To think I had been with that man for a year, and once he took my virginity he was done. He was done with me, and he was done with my family. It hurt to know that. Though ever since that happened, things got worse.

My daughter looked up at me with a sad look on her face and I looked back. I hated to see her like this. My child didn't need to go through this. It wasn't right, and it wasn't fair.

"How about we go and watch it's a wonderful life?" I said, and she nodded as she sniffled and I wiped her tears.

___________________________________

AU:

Hey! Hope you liked the First chapter. There's gonna be about twenty of them, so stick around.
For more updates, follow, vote, and comment. Each piece of feedback helps me out and I would like to know your input on this story.

Xoxo

Audrey