Chapter Nine: Crazy About You

Author's Note:
There is one more chapter after this one and then an epilogue! Thank you so much for those who are willing to read It Begins and It Continues. Your support means so much to me!

This is dedicated to Tara676 for being so incredibly lovely with the votes and comments! ♥

“Dear diamond, we all really know who is really a girl's best friend.

Yours sincerely, chocolate cake”

FULLY AWAKE, DECLAN LAID on his bed and stared at his white ceilings in a complete silence. It seemed to Declan that the fact that Allie was now his girlfriend hadn’t exactly hit him in the head just yet. Allie, the most beautiful and wonderful girl he’d seen who was also his crush was now his girlfriend! Yeah, man. Get it into your head, will you?

Unable to contain his excitement – just as it was a yesterday – Declan leaped out of his bed, letting out a triumph roar and feeling like he was some hero of some war. He showered quickly, not wanting to waste any moment until he’d see Allie at work and rushed down the stairs. “Morning, mom, dad,” He said and plonked on his usual seat.

Declan went to take a toast and spread honey on top of it, pouring himself a cup of cocoa when he noticed his parents’ eyes were on his. He cocked an eyebrow. “What’s…. wrong?”

Evelyn Curtis gave her husband a concerned yet amused look before walking towards her eldest son, placing a hand on his arm. “Sweetheart. Um, don’t take this the wrong way, but, aren’t you missing something?”

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, he shoved his half-eaten toast in his mouth and brushed the crusts away from his palms. “What do you mean, mom? I’m sure I’m not missing anything,” He then watched as his mother shared another look with his father, who cleared his throat and put his newspaper away.

“Are you feeling alright, little man?” Andrew Curtis then asked, his lips pulled into a smirk, not even trying to hide his amusement. Declan frowned. His father was exactly like his mom – the both of them truly enjoyed teasing him when he was younger (with words or extreme tickling) until he was left in tears or, well, screaming and shrieking. It appeared to him that they find him adorable that he’d cry even when there was absolutely no reason to.

“What’s going on?” Declan demanded, looking back and forth between his parents when Emmet, his dear, dear baby brother decided to grace them with his presence. He then watched his parents watched Emmet plonked on his seat beside Declan’s, shoving French toast in his mouth when his gaze went to his brother’s.

Emmet frowned, munching his food slowly and swallowed. “Quick question. What happened to your glasses?”

Declan froze for a few seconds as he little by little began to become aware of the fact that his vision was indeed somewhat blurry – had been since fifteen minutes ago, it seemed to him. It hit him like a truck and then with a mortified groan and a simultaneous burst of laughter from his beloved family, Declan rose from his seat and rushed up the stairs to his room. “Damn it,” He muttered, placing his glasses on which was apparently resting cozily on his nightstand.

With a crimson-colored face and a slightly bruised ego for being so exceptionally stupid for not realizing his glasses weren’t on (wouldn’t it be more obvious with the way his vision blurred?!), Declan slowly walked down the stairs in hoping he could eavesdrop to whatever it was his family was saying.

“It must be because of a girl,” His dad commented. “I was exactly like that when I first realized that I was in love with your mother, Emmet boy,” He then let out a boisterous laughter and from the sound of his mom’s squeal, Declan could tell he had just pinched her in the bum. Oh God, parents. His dad ignored Emmet’s groan in disgust as he continued speaking, “I remembered that day when I was supposed to meet your mother at the café I found out that my shirt were inside out! I was so love-sick I couldn’t breathe or pretty much do anything properly,”