Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart

I'm glad you guys liked A Christmas Wish. If you did, comment or vote below!

Two Years Later...

"Back again so soon Little Miss Christmas?" Sam kissed her on her lips as she walked through the doors of his parents' home.

"Oh magical boy, you never cease to amaze me," she leaned down, petting the small litter of puppies that began to yap.

"How was Christmas this year?" he wondered scooping one pup into his arms.

"Tiring, I don't know how your dad did it," she rested on the carpet.

"This one reminds me of Aster." Using his index finger, he stroked the tiny puppy's white-as-snow coat.

As if on cue, the new father to be came trotting into the room.

"Hey Aster," Sam petted the older husky's head lightly. "Long time no see."

"You saw him this morning, and at lunch and now! What more could you want?" Melody asked. "You're an on-call Veterinarian! Your job is literally seeing animals the entire day," she took one of the pups that lay on the carpet, crossed her legs and began nuzzling it.

"Yeah, but my job doesn't even hold a candle to yours," he replied gazing longingly over at her.

"Aww, I'm glad you noticed," she basked in his compliment. Her job was no walk in the park-- literally.

"How does it feel actually being Little Miss Christmas? You know my dad was right when he handed over the job to you. He saw something special in you-- something that I'm lucky to see in you everyday."

"And what is that something?" she focused her attention on the magical  love of her life.

"The kindness of your heart," he touched her hand. "Being Santa Claus or at least Little Miss Christmas," he chuckled, "starts with kindness and peace and the ability to go after whatever it is that you want."

"Really? I didn't know that," she lay back with the puppy now crawling on her stomach. She laughed at how ticklish she was.

"Of course you didn't because you already had one, so I guess it came naturally to you."

"You know what also came naturally to me?" she looked over to where he sat, ugly Christmas sweater and all.

"You."

"Me?" Sam put down the pup and let it roam.

"Yeah. You," she repeated. "If you hadn't tumbled over me at the Christmas Market none of this-- you living out your dream of being a Veterinarian and me being the first woman Santa Claus, would have never happened."

Soon her pup crawled off of her and onto the spread out carpet covered in various patterns.

"I just realized something Sam," she sat up.

"And what would that be, Cutie?" he said allowing her cheeks to flourish bright red.

She chortled. "If I'm the new Mr. Claus, does that mean that you are now the Mrs. Claus and that you have to bake me cookies?"

He threw a pillow at her which she dodged. "Maybe...but only if you want me to."

"You? In an apron, I would love to see that!" she rolled on the floor laughing. "But we both know that I'm the only one with baking skills, right Sammy?"

"You are so lucky that you're the only one allowed to call me that and besides I've been known to whip up some mean brownies. Just you wait Mel."

She couldn't contain her laughter as her father-in-law-to-be held his stomach as tears pooled into his eyes from laughing so hard. "If by mean, you mean causing everyone in this house to throw up the entire night, then sure."