"Blair," I intercepted. "Calm down."

"Calm down?" she answered. "Do you know who I am?"

"Unfortunately."

Blair was my polar opposite when it came to school. She was a straight-A, honors kid that involved herself in as many school functions as she could handle. She was liked by the majority, and didn't seem to mind the high school scene as much as I did.

She liked high school, and I refused to hold that against her, but when big events like homecoming rolled around... Well, she tends to get a little ahead of herself.

"Why did I agree to do this my senior year?" she complained.

"Because you're a control freak and you love it."

She didn't hear me.

"I should talk to Emma, see if she has anything else she needs me to do," she thought aloud.

"Don't you think you're doing enough?"

"I'm doing more than enough." She sighed. "Besides, why am I even helping her? She probably has it under control. She's the class president for a reason."

"You're still bitter about losing to her."

"She beat me by five votes, Sam. I'm still convinced it was rigged."

"I don't remember who I voted for," I joked.

She gave me a hard punch.

"Ouch." I rubbed my arm. "I'm just kidding."

"I don't believe it."

Even though I wasn't the one to involve myself in school functions, Blair always found a way around that. She would either blackmail me into coming with her or drag me there kicking and screaming. Today was one of those days.

Since all of the senior class committee was free after fourth period, they were getting together to prepare for homecoming week. Blair was vice president, which apparently made me the vice, vice president in her head because she was forcing me to join her.

"You don't need me for this," I complained.

"What else do you have to do?" she asked.

"Nap, eat, avoid this place at all cost... Anything really."

"If you'd stop being a scrooge for a minute you could think of someone to ask to the dance."

"I don't do dances, Blair."

"Oh c'mon! You skipped last year. You have to come to this one! You're a senior, dammit!"

"Okay, throwing a tantrum won't convince me."

"Wanna bet?"

I rolled my eyes. "And what makes you think anyone would wanna go to homecoming with me?"

"Sam, there are plenty of girls that would love to go with you. I blame it on poor judgment, but I hear the talk."

"Bad judgement? For wanting me?"

"Yes for wanting you. You're a walking disaster."

"But I'm fun," I finished, wiggling my brows. "Where is this meeting anyway?"

"Emma convinced our physics teacher to let us use the lab room."

Blair knocked before letting us inside, familiar faces turned their attention to us.

"I brought an extra set of hands," she announced. "Figured we could use all the help we can get."

Emma, who sat in the middle of everyone else, eyed me. I knew Emma just as much as the rest of the normal school population. Also an overachiever, softball player, and one of the prettiest in our class in my opinion.