Breakfast featuring a hangover -6-

Start from the beginning

Sebastian simply waved his free hand. "Don't worry about it."

I rolled my eyes. "He could be calling me a bad word."

Sebastian looked up from the eggs he was whisking and gave me an amused look. "A bad word? Most people say 'swear word' or 'curse word' if I'm correct?" My hand went up to fiddle with my beanie (an acquired habit), and was met with hair. It probably had come off when I was sleeping. Whatever, I could get it later.

I swung my legs against the counter. "Call me old-fashioned I guess. I don't swear too much, mother doesn't cursing. That and most of the time there's no real reason to." Sebastian eyed me curiously.

"Not even if you get mad? It feels good to swear when you're mad."

I shook my head. If my mother heard me curse she would have my head. She didn't curse all that much anyway, save for when she was mad, like the other day. "If needed I might say damn or something, but that's about the worst."  After that we lapsed into silence. But it wasn't awkward. If anything it was comfortable. I watched as he poured the eggs into a skillet then went into the fridge and pulled out sausages.

After a few minutes he had prepared a full blown meal.  He set two plates on the table. "Coffee, juice, or milk?"

"Juice."

"Always playing it safe, huh?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and jumped down from the counter. "Shut up." I slid in the chair across from him and began digging into my food. We slipped into silence again. Suddenly a random question popped into my mind: What freaking color are your eyes! I didn't know why I was so fixated, but I just wanted to classify his eyes as... as something.

"Do you want me to tell you? Or was that just you being Cameron?" Did I say that out loud? It looked like it, judging from the amused look on his face. "You're blushing." He chuckled.

After the flame in my cheeks died down a bit, I asked, "Seriously though, what color are they?"

His face was thoughtful as if he really had to think about it. Who has to think about their eye color? "Actually... I am not sure. Sometimes they look green or blue... maybe even silver. It depends on the light or my mood also, but most of the time they're a blue-green color." He shrugged. "I got in an accident when I was very very small, and according to my mother, after that my blue eyes starting not always being blue."

That was interesting. "Your eyes are confused." I muttered and he laughed. He shoveled a forkful of food in his mouth before shrugging again.

I took a sip of my juice, feeling myself space out. I had to wonder, did I do anything weird the night before? And if I did, how bad was it? As long as I didn't do anything like kiss Cidney or run around screaming obscenities, then I was good. "Did I do anything strange last night?" I asked.

Sebastian regarded me curiously. "Do you not remember anything from last night?" His left hand, which had been  absently pushing a spoon in a cup of coffee for the last minute or so, twitched in the slightest.

"Why, was it bad?"

He paused. "No. No it wasn't. You danced and you were kind of giggly, but it wasn't so bad. It was kind of..." He trailed off. Strange, odd, awkward? I would never know what he was going to say because Noel chose that moment to reappear. Sebastian gave him an exasperated look. "Yes, my dearest cousin?" Noel gestured for him to come outside. As usual, they were having cousin issues.

"Ah, I'm going to go, if that's okay with you. I'll see you at school. Thanks for making me breakfast and everything." Sebastian nodded in acknowledgment and waved. He disappeared behind the corner and I went out the door.