Chapter 5

Okay, I want to give a special shout out to MeganShady because she comments and votes for my chapters. Love ya cupcake❣️ And I also wanna give a shoutout to Louisa5853 for checking up on me and see how I am doing much love for you too babes💙
____________________________________________________________
•September 29th, 1988•

I woke up to small hands lightly hitting my face. I opened my eyes to see my love smiling at me. I picked him up and made it seem like he was flying. I put him down thinking about how David and I were on the phone for hours and hours last night. I swear he's a really nice guy. He asked me out on a date today. He said I could Damion and I'm super excited! This is the first date I've been on since Jacob passed.

I looked out the window to see how the weather looked. I walked outside to see if it felt how it looked. It felt like it was 70°. Detroits weather confuses the fuck outta me. It could be snowing one day, and then the next day it could be 4667728°. Like the fucks with that?

I carried Damion into the bathroom to take a bath. I put him in the water and he instantly started crying. I sighed. He is such a easy child. I don't know why the fuck he is always so difficult when it comes to hygiene. I guess he finally figured out that he has to take this bath so he just sat there with a pout on his face.

I was finally done bathing him, Lotioning, and powdering him. Now for the hardest part. Putting on the diaper. As I tried to put the motherfucker on he just whined and kicked his legs. I sighed in frustration.

"I have to get you ready so mommy can go on her date."

He let me put the diaper on him. And I dressed him in a red, white and blue button-up shirt with some khaki cargo shorts, some white socks, and some white shoes. He looks so cute I could just eat him up! Now it's my turn.

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I got dressed because it was already 11 o'clock and put on a little bit of makeup and wore a black short sleeve shirt with my black skirt and my infamous black converse and I put on the watch that DeShaun got me for my birthday last year. I put on my burgundy lipstick and made the wing from my eyeliner a little bit sharper and I was ready.

10 minutes later, the phone rang. I literally sprinted to the kitchen to answer it. "Hello?" I breathed heavily. "I'm pullin' up right now."

I hung up and ran down the hall to my room and got Damion, my purse, keys, and wallet. I damn near ran out the front door and locked it. I fixed my hair because I know it's fucked up from me running around. I casually walked to his car and got in. I notice there's a car seat in the back.

"Can I?" Referring to the baby seat in the back. "Yeah sure no problem."

I got out the car and strapped Damion in the seat. I have him a silly face to make him laugh, which I succeeded at doing and got back in the front seat.

"You look nice." I felt my cheeks heat up. "Thanks you do too." He really did though! He had some black jeans with a black shirt and black Jordan's. we were matching... weird.

"Where do you wanna to eat?" I didn't wanna be pushy so I just shrugged. "Anywhere is fine." He nodded with a smile. "Denny's it is." I loved Denny's that's my favorite place to go when my dad takes DeShaun and I places.

•••

When we got to the place it was kinda empty, well maybe because it's a weekday and everyone is either in school or at work.. we got to our booth with Damion in my lap and sat down and started talking about everything... life, music, love, and family.