Epilogue #1

3 years later

Jae POV

It's been 3 years since Lilliana and I were dating, and now we are both 21 years old. Our birthdays are tomorrow, and I have a very big surprise for her. I really hope that she would accept this gift. If she doesn't, oh well, I probably have to stay single for the rest of my life.

Yes. I want to propose to Lilliana, to be my wife, and the mother of my children.

I went to the jewelry store, and looked for the perfect ring for Liana. I know that she would love this particular ring, because, well, I don't know. It's just a gut feeling that I have. I hope she does like it.

Lilliana POV

I woke up to the sound of a reminder waking me up. I know, weird right? A reminder. Not an alarm. I looked at my reminder, to see that today's my birthday! Which means that when it's my birthday, it's Jae's birthday too! I got up, brushed my teeth, bathed, wore some random clothes, and went downstairs. It's interesting how nobody is in the house right now. Oh, right! Damien told me that he would go outside in the morning because they had to get some 'stuff'. Well, they will have some fun getting that 'stuff'.

I went outside, for shopping. A nice Saturday morning. What other time and day is best for going shopping? I bought a few clothes for myself, and a few clothes for the kids. I have to spoil them a little bit. After all, I'm their Aunt.

Today is Jae's birthday! I need to get him something!

I was looking around, at my surroundings, looking for which store I should go to. Finally, one store caught my eye. Sam Ash Music Store. Jae loves music, and he has a passion for playing guitars.

That's it! I could buy a guitar for Jae!

I went inside the store, to find different guitars. There, I found the perfect one. An FG720 Yamaha Acoustic Guitar!

It was a blue, a little lighter than navy blue, and a small design printed on the pick guard

It was a blue, a little lighter than navy blue, and a small design printed on the pick guard. It was beautiful. I bought the guitar, with the case of course, and took it home.

I had a lot of wrapping paper at home, so I wrapped the gift up, as neat as I can, which actually came out pretty good, and I sat down to relax a bit. All of a sudden, I got a call. I looked at the caller ID, to see that it was Jae. I picked up.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hi Liana. Happy birthday!" Jae said.

"Thanks. Happy birthday to you too!"

"So, any plans for you, today?"

"Um, I don't really know, but sure, I guess?"

"Okay. Then, I don't have anything else, to say, so should I just hand up?"

"No no no no! Don't hang up. I want to tell you that I will be in the park waiting for you. Come in about 15 minutes."

"No problem. I'll be there."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

Then, I hung up. I did my hair, and I walked to the park with the guitar in my arms. I came to park, which took me about ten minutes, just to walk. Looking around, I couldn't see anyone.

Hm. There should be some people here. It's a Saturday morning. This is new.

I walked the trail, to find Jae, sitting on a bench, looking down at his fingers, fiddling them as if he was nervous. Jae isn't really nervous most of the time. This is also new. As I walked to Jae, he looked up at me, and smiled. I handed him the present, and he put it aside, on the bench.

"Happy birthday, Jae," I said, as I hugged him.

"Happy birthday, Liana," he returned the hug, and kissed me on my forehead. "I have something to tell you." He held my hand and walked me a few feet farther from the bench.

"Yes Jae?" This time, I was smiling, holding both of his hands, and looking into his eyes.

"Just a few words. Not much." He cleared his throat, and kneeled down, on one knee.

Is he doing what I'm thinking?

"Lilliana, when I first met you a few years ago, I thought you were perfect, and I liked you. I met you, and then, I started to like you more. Now we're dating, and I love you. You are the person I want to be with for the rest of my life. I know my life will never be complete without you to share it with me. I promise you, no one will work harder to cherish you, and your heart more than I will. You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one?"

He paused to take something out of his pocket. In his hands was a small, blue, velvet box. Inside it was a beautiful thing.

It was a Marquise Blue Sapphire and Diamond Ring

It was a Marquise Blue Sapphire and Diamond Ring. It was absolutely stunning.

"Will you marry me, Lilliana Thalia Maddox? I want you to be my wife, and the mother of my children."

He looked into my eyes, desperately for an answer. I had no words to say. I was amazed. I wasn't expecting this at all. My heart was racing. And tears were about to come out of my eyes. I covered my mouth. I nodded as a yes.

He got up from his kneeling position, and hugged me.

"Aww... stop crying. I'll be with you forever now. Come on. Smile for me." He wiped away my tears, and smiled at me. I put on small smile. "Yeah, that's my girl." All of a sudden, so many people came out of nowhere.

I looked around myself. Aaliyah, Damien, Dad, Liam, Gia, all of our friends, and Jae's family was all here.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted at the top of their lungs.

I totally forgot that it was our birthdays because of the proposal.

"Oh, speaking of which, what was in that box you gave me?" Jae asked.

"Go open it."

He ran to the bench and opened the present I gave him.

"Oh my God! No way! You got me a guitar?!" He was fangirling- or should I say fan-boying- ever the guitar.

"Turn it over," I said. He did as I said, with a confused face, of course. The corners of his lips quirked up.

Happy Birthday Jae. Remember I love you forever.

Love, Lilliana Maddox.

He looked at the carved message, and looked back at me, hugging me. He picked me up, and twirled me around. This, is life.