1. Where it went wrong

*12 years ago*

Jackson had kept his promise, and in his small hands was a big box of chocolates. He had only recently found out that Mark, his best friend, never tasted chocolate.

Well not the filled ones. To say the least, Jackson was shocked. And he also found another good reason to tease Mark for a few seconds.

"Jackson-ah!" The older boy whined, his cheeks a little flushed as Jackson was teasing him again.

"Jackson-ah" Jackson copied his hyung's tone which eared him a slap on his arm.

They both laughed and the black haired Chinese promised Mark that he would bring chocolates for next them before he got dragged away with his father.

And here he was, the red heart shaped box -they didn't have any other forms seeing as it was close to valentine- waiting for Mark to come out of the room where their parents were discussing.

Jackson had noticed that his father was even more pissed than he normally is, cursing in Mandarin before they left for Mr. Tuan's house.

Mr. Tuan always insisted on Mark's attendance at their meetings, hoping that Mark could learn from them and take over the company later on.

That's why they only had a few minutes to hang out before his father too left the meeting room.

He was humming a new song of his favorite artist when the soft voices behind the closed door turned into screaming. 

Jackson quickly put the chocolates on his chair as he leaned with his ear towards the door, trying to hear what they were angry at.

Of course he was scared, his father hardly raised his voice. Both Mr. Wang and Jackson were passive aggressive people, so it was strange to see them yelling or screaming.

The doors flew open, hitting Jackson in his face. Sitting on his knees with his nose in his hands he felt a stinging pain through the body part. His fingers turning red as the blood from his nose covers them.

He looked up with big eyes, his face kind of blurry from the tears forming in his eyes.

His father stood in front of him, his face red from anger as his eyes almost shot fire. He roughly pulled his son with his arm on his feet. 

Jackson, quite confused, looked inside the meeting room. He saw Mr. Tuan standing in front of his desk, with the same expresion as Mr. Wang and Mark hiding behind his father, his head down, not even spearing his friend a glance.

"We're leaving Ka Yee." His father said in Mandarin, looking sternly down at Jackson.

"But-" He started in Korean, his father hardly used his native language since they moved to Korea.

"We're leaving." He just answers, grabbing his sons arm again, dragging him away.

Mark instantly moved away from his father. "Jackson!" The black haired boy struggled against his fathers grip, he didn't want to leave the house yet. He didn't even had time to give Mark his chocolates. 

Mr. Tuan placed a hand on the brown haired boy and whispered something Jackson couldn't hear. And before he knew it they were inside his fathers car.

Mr. Wang gave him a tissue, but luckily the blood had already stopped. Still in a daze Jackson slowly takes it.

His father seemed to hesitate, as if he wanted to tell something to Jackson but changed his mind the last second.

"Why did we leave so early?" He asked carefully after his father started the car. "I'll tell you when you are older." His father answered, smiling absently.

Jackson just nodded, unaware that he would be unable to see his best friend again.

Unaware that this was the last time that he would talk comfortable with Mark..