Trying to Forget while the Other One is Scared

Comenzar desde el principio

"Umm," she hid behind the door while trying to remember what she was going to say, before pointing at me, "your parents have already gone to bed. I'm going too... So, umm, goodnight."

I frowned and forgot about the anger I felt just seconds ago, "ok, goodnight, are you ok, though? You look like you've been crying."

"I'm fine," she nodded and walked out, softly closing the door behind her.

Something was wrong, she really wasn't fine... but I wasn't going to go after her. I probably should have, but I was done for today. Maybe I wasn't going to give up on her 100%, but for now, I was.

----

Ash's POV

The day had been great. I had actually had fun, even though I had to spend the entire day with Alex, again. You know, he was actually quite a good kisser. I was so relieved that he kissed me back and led the whole thing. It would have been so awkward if he just stood there; I really didn't know what to do, so I was so glad he did. I realized that a first kiss was just a first kiss. I would much rather find the right person and actually know how to kiss them than be really awkward. At least it was Alex who did it for me and not some random guy at some party. That would have been terrible.

Well, as I said before the day had been great, that was until I got a phone call. It happened at 8 pm, when it was 2 am at home, in Germany. Alex, Jack, and I had just finished eating some leftovers. I went back to my room to leave Alex and Jack to do whatever they always did when sleeping over. Things were nice and calm; my clock was softly ticking and the streetlights illuminated the road outside my room with a welcoming orange glow. I closed the curtain, not wanting anybody to look in, and turned around to get my phone to put on my playlist. But just as I was about to open my music, the phone started ringing. My brother's name, Kayden, was displayed in white letters on the bright screen. I knew straight away that it wasn't good. He would never call me at 2 am unless it was bad.

I answered the phone and was immediately greeted with what I was afraid of. There was labored breathing and sobs. He was muttering something, but I couldn't understand anything. But, having encountered this before, I already knew exactly what he was saying.

"Hey, Kayden," I said in a soft voice to try and calm him down, "tell me what's wrong."

"T-t-they are h-here!" He screamed, but not loud enough to wake up anybody else in the house, "t-they want to kill me! T-they are g-going to k-kill me! A-ash! T-they are g-going to kill me!"

"Shhh, it's ok, they're not going to do you any harm," I told him carefully.

"N-no!" He sobbed loudly, "t-they are! T-they w-want me dead!"

A tear escaped my eye, "they're not going to, they're not real."

"But they are telling me they are!" He sounded in distress.