A Lonely but Crowded Theme Park

Ash's POV

Great. Just great. Of course, this would happen; of course they would leave us alone; of course I would be in this big park with only Alex. The others thought it would be a great idea to just walk off without saying anything while Alex and I weren't watching. It was like they did it on purpose like it was some joke they continued to play on us. They kept excluding us, and it was pretty annoying. I came here to have a fun day with all my friends, but now I was just going to have to spend it with Alex... again.

"Neither Lianne nor Harper is answering my texts or calls," I sighed, "have any luck with Zack, Rian, or Jack?"

"Nope, they are ignoring the shit out of me as well," Alex gave me a half smile and put his phone away, "if one of us suddenly dies of heatstroke, they won't know until we go home."

"Well, then, we better not die of heatstroke."

"Oh damn... I was planning on doing that today!" Alex started walking towards the map.

"Please don't, you're my ride to school every morning," I followed him and looked at the large board. We looked at all the different attractions and roller coasters and decided to plan out our day without the others. Just because they were going to be buzzkills and ditch us, didn't mean Alex and I couldn't have fun ourselves.

We stood in some lines to get on rides and just generally enjoyed ourselves. The day was gradually getting warmer and eventually I actually believed I was going to get a heat stroke. All the cues were only getting longer. We expected this to happen, but seriously, I could feel my brain going all mushy inside. It was not nice at all.

I looked at Alex, who looked just as sweaty as I felt. He was wearing a It seemed like a normal thing to wear on such a hot day, but the on his head just seemed unnecessary. But then again, I was the one wearing the red zip up hoodie. However, I was not going to take it off, there was no way I was going to reveal that much skin. I was going to be honest, though, and say that he looked pretty damn good. But that didn't mean anything; I was allowed to think somebody looked good without actually feeling something for them... right?

I leaned forward so my chin was resting on his chest. He looked down at me, giving him a major triple chin situation. It was like he was expecting an answer from me, but he wasn't getting one. I felt his chest rumble as he looked back straight ahead.

"What are you doing?" he giggled in a girly fashion.

"I'm so warm," I groaned and wrapped my arms around him, "I need water."

"Take off the hoodie," he pulled on the fabric and I let him go, being way too warm and sticky to stay that close to him.

"No," I whined, "I don't like these clothes, they are too embarrassing."

He raised an eyebrow at me, "you seriously think you don't look good in them? Because I swear that you look fan-fucking-tastic. I well fend off any guys that give you weird looks, ok?"