An Outfit With Different Opinions

Ash's POV

For the first time in his life, Alex was actually up before me. It was seven, and normally I would be up by now, but it was weekend and I barely slept at all. Something was bugging me, but I didn't know what. Do you know that feeling? When your mind keeps waking you up because you're too busy thinking? It might have been the fact that we were going to a theme park today, but I didn't feel like it was that. It was probably because I kept hearing a song I was trying to write. My brain tried to think of things to do different and things to add. It was pretty annoying.

"Wake up!" Alex stormed into my room and threw the covers off me, "Jack will be here in half an hour!"

"Half an hour already?" I groaned and turned onto my stomach so I didn't have to see the excited older boy.

"Yes, but knowing Jack it will take him an hour," he walked up to the edge of the bed and did something unexpected. I was suddenly in his arms and was being carried to the bathroom, "go take a shower."

He turned on the water and put me on the floor before exiting the room. I just stood there, trying to figure out what had just happened. Ever since I actually told Alex I wanted to be friends with him, he had been a lot more comfortable around me; he actually seemed to act normal! But this was really random. I wasn't going to step in the shower without having anything to change into.

I opened the door and called Alex, "I need something to wear! Unless you want me to come in just a towel!"

He appeared in no time with clothes I did not recognize, "Harper gave these to me yesterday for you to wear."

"Oh god," I sighed, not actually thinking she was going to do it, "she's been telling me she needs to take me shopping so I can wear 'nice clothes'. Please help me!"

Alex chuckled and gave me the pile, "I'm pretty sure it will look fine."

"Ugh... I'll see..." I thanked him and closed the door, making sure to lock it so nobody would walk in. Maybe Alex didn't mind me walking in while he was showering or, umm, using the toilet for liquid substances, but I definitely did.

I hopped into the shower, letting the cool water run through my hair and roll down my back. After lathering my hair, I shaved anything I felt like and felt like I needed for what Harper was making me wear. To be honest, I really wasn't excited to see what she was forcing me to put on. Her clothing style wasn't exactly the same as mine. She wore things that were a lot more, let's say, revealing.

I washed out the shampoo and turned off the water, hoping nobody arrived yet. After drying off and putting on my underwear, which was my own and only made me wonder how Alex got it, I unfolded the clothes. Well, great. It was really not something I would wear. But she would only get mad if I didn't wear it, so I put it on and checked the mirror. I didn't like it, but at least it fit.

As soon as I left the bathroom, I went straight into Alex's room and started whining, "Alex..." I pointed at the clothes I was wearing.