A Cuddle and a Kiss

Alex's POV

My heart was beating so fast and I just hoped that the body that was pressed up against mine couldn't feel it. When I asked Ash if she needed anything, I didn't exactly expect her to ask me to comfort her. We were lying down on her bed, covers on top of us, her back against my chest, and her butt right against the one part I really didn't need it right now. I tried moving slightly so that if anything happened, she wouldn't notice.

"If you're going to get a boner, please leave now," She mumbled with her eyes closed.

I froze and just begged nothing was going to happen, before whispering something in her ear. I quoted her, "you know, masturbating is supposed to help with period pains. I guess sex could work as well."

And why the fuck did I say that shit! When I wanted more confidence, I didn't want to sound like some fucking douche! What the fuck even came over me! I couldn't just say that shit to her. She wasn't one of those types of girls. Great job, Alex, you fucked up once again. Just when things were getting better, you made them worse.

"Eww," Ash scrunched up her nose, taking my comment more like a joke. At least she didn't know how much I actually meant it.

"I'm just trying to help," I said in defense, still 'joking', "you know, this is the first time I've ever cuddled with a girl who's on her period."

"Nice to know I'm one of your firsts," she turned around so we were now chest-to-chest, her face just inches away from mine, our breathing becoming once, "I didn't think it was possible. But then again, you probably disappear before the girl even notices anything happened."

"Ouch," I showed fake hurt and pouted, "that hurt... but it's true..." I couldn't resist but move some hair out of her face and tuck it behind her ear. This time she actually didn't seem weirded out by it, like last time. Maybe there still was a small chance.

"This is the first time I actually cuddled with any guy ever that's not my family," she told me with a smile.

I still couldn't believe she never had a romantic or sexual relationship with anybody before. She was just so beautiful, funny, nice, and just overall amazing. It made no sense that nobody ever decided to give her a chance. I would literally drop everything to go on just one date with her. She deserved to be loved, and I really wanted to be that person.

"Maybe I could be more of your firsts," I smirked, causing her to groan and sloppily hit my face.

"I'm not going to rush to get all that stuff done," she explained after retracting her hand, "when I find somebody I'm comfortable with, I'll do it. But not just some random guy. So, stop oppressing me!"

"I was just kidding,"

"You might be, but I'm not."

"I'm just messing this all up," I sighed out loud accidentally. But what was said couldn't be taken back, and I was going to act like I totally meant to say it.