Trying to Forget while the Other One is Scared

Alex's POV

Jack decided to stay over after driving everybody back to their houses. It was a last minute decision. He was going to drop us off and then continue home, but something just made him decide he was going to sleep over at my place. Normally that would be ok, we always randomly stayed over at each other's places and could stay there for days, but I just wanted to be alone. I was still shaken up about the fact that Ash kissed me, but also extremely hurt about her not even thinking about how I felt about all this. This situation was fucked up and I was just making it worse for myself.

"Ok, you have been avoiding the question, but you have to tell me about the kiss," Jack wiggled his eyebrows and nudged me.

We were seated on the floor in my room. Music was playing in the background and my mind was going crazy with ideas for lyrics and melodies. I was going to be able to write a lot of new songs as soon as I got some time, a guitar, and my notebook. Maybe we could make a good album and actually get signed.

"It was nothing," I mumbled and leaned backwards until I was lying down flat on the wooden floor.

Jack, of course, didn't like that answer, "come on, it must have meant something!"

"Well, it didn't, so leave it be," I groaned and ran my hands over my face. I didn't need him making things even worse.

"It was her first kiss, it must-"

I shot up straight and glared at him, "god dammit, Jack, just leave it be! It meant nothing and it never will!"

He looked taken aback, not expecting me to burst out like that, "you're just not sure what you want and have to do now."

That was the wrong thing to say; it turned my anger up another notch, "I fucking do know what I want and I fucking know what she wants! But it does not overlap! Can't you just understand that!"

"Dude, calm down!" Jack shouted back, but he wasn't angry like I was, he was just trying to get me to relax and slow down, "I'm just trying to see this all in a positive way, you should too."

"But there isn't anything positive about this," I muttered and looked down at my hands, which were limply lying in my lap, "I thought things were going well, but they aren't. She sees me as just a friend, nothing more, and I just have to accept that."

"Don't give up just yet, " he tried to encourage.

"I don't know," I shrugged, seriously thinking about just leaving it be, "maybe I should-"

There was a knock on the door and not even a second later, the door opened. Jack and I both looked up to see the person we were just talking about. She was wearing . Even without a bra, her boobs still looked amazing. But what threw me off was the red eyes and the face that looked like it had just been recently tear stained.