Chapter 25

A/N: This could get emotional, guys, so just… be prepared. It's chapter 25. I've tried to make it as perfect as I possibly can for all you lovely people. So without further introduction, the final chapter of Ever After!

She looked in the full length mirror on her closet door, checking her outfit.

Her shirt was orange, but not like a bleach-job- gone-wrong. Softer than that, like the sunset when it just begins, almost the color of a pumpkin. Her jeans were dark and hugged the shape of her legs, stopping in small cuffs just a few inches above her ankles. She wore black strappy wedges- a soft, stretchy fabric wrapped from either side of her foot around her ankle and tied in a bow just above her heel. Her maroon-painted toenails, which matched her fingers, peeked out of the small space.

She had put on light makeup, but it was still the heaviest she'd worn since she'd given birth. A soft, shimmery brown stretched across her eyelid, her black liner swiping into perfect wings. Mascara swooshed her eyelashes up, making them look considerably longer. She had brushed on a light foundation and a hint of blush, but her lips were a deep burgundy color and she knew they would drive him crazy. She slipped her phone into her back pocket and picked up her black clutch, ready to go.

Until she heard her baby wail a few doors down the hall.

She rushed into the nursery, her ebony waves flying out behind her as she went.

She picked up the crying princess and rocked her in her arms, “Shh, mommy’s here, baby. Mommy's right here.”

Harper quieted slightly, but continued to bawl. Regina checked her diaper, but she wasn't in need of a change. She had just been napping, so she couldn't have been cranky. She sighed, trying to think what the cause of her daughter's tears could be.

Robin came through the door, panting from having sprinted up the stairs, and smiled.

“There's nothing I love more than seeing you be a mother,” he said, kissing her cheek. “Is she okay?”

“Well, I don't know. She doesn't have a dirty diaper and she isn't tired, considering she just woke up. So I'm not sure what's wrong.”

“She could be hungry.”

“That’s true. I guess we can try to feed her, and if that isn't what she wants then I don't know.”

Robin lead Regina back into their bedroom, wanting her to be comfortable- he knew the rocking chair occasionally hurt her back- and wanting to sit with her.

He helped her to get situated on the bed and sat down to her right, facing her on the edge of the bed. As she uncovered her breast and began to feed their daughter, he rubbed his hand up and down her thigh, moving higher each time

She raised an eyebrow at him.

“What're you doing?” she asked, glancing at his hand, then back up to his eyes.

He shrugged.

“Please, not right now. We haven't gone out in probably more than three months. I've been really looking forward to this, Robin.”

“Regina, our sex-life has died. Quite literally. We haven't had sex in over a year. Since Thanksgiving last year, when we conceived Harper. We haven't so much as fooled around since you got pregnant.”

“I know,” she whispered, wincing slightly as the baby sucked a bit too hard.

“I miss you, Regina,” he said softly.

“I miss you too…”

“Then let's get a room at Granny's tonight,or send the kids away for a few days. Let's take a vacation and rekindle that flame that we had between us. I want my wife back, my partner in crime, my person, my soulmate. I want you back.”