Chapter 2

"Reversed the effects of the potion...," Robin said, trying to piece together this puzzle. Regina nodded vigorously, a smile returning to grace her face.
"So... You can have kids again?"
"I think so!"
"That's wonderful!"Robin said. He wrapped her in a hug and they stood up together. The crowd had been silent while the couple whispered to each other, but now they roared in applause. The bride was okay! The bridesmaids and groomsmen filed down the aisle, Snow and Charming, followed by Emma and Killian, Henry and his friend Grace, then Roland who had been the ring bearer and Rose, Emma and Killian's daughter who had been the flower girl. Robin and Regina made finally made their way down the aisle, and the crowd went crazy once more. Outside, the happy couple made their way to a limo that was waiting to take them to their reception. It was being held in Regina's large backyard.
They were in the car. They had at least ten minutes until the arrived at the reception. Robin wrapped his arm around Regina and kissed the side of her head. She grinned and looked up at him, her hand on his chest.
"So, let me get this straight," Robin said. "The potion you drank was a curse of infertility. But since true love's kiss can break any curse, outlr kiss just now did that. So now you can have kids. Am I right?"
"That's the only logical explanation I can think of. No other cause for what happened has anything to do with magic, but I could feel it. I could feel the magic in the air, inside of me. So that has to be it," Regina said.
"You know, you really scared me back there. I thought I was going to lose you just seconds after I'd married you."
"To be fair, I gave myself quite a scare, too. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Then, I remembered the night I told you I was infertile, and it all clicked," Regina said.
Robin smiled and placed a kiss on her lips. This kiss was different than the others. This kiss held possibilities, options, their future. This kiss was a mixture of happiness and excitment, but also nerves for what was to come. This kiss didn't create sparks or adrenaline in Regina's body, didn't put butterflies in flight. But it did open her heart and mind to endless possibilities, to years to come with this man whom she loved, things they could have, things they would get through together. This kiss made their love grow bigger and stronger than ever.
When they broke apart, the driver was parking in front of the house. Regina looked at Robin before opening her door and sliding out. It was about six in the evening now, and the sunset was beautiful. Robin and Regina walked around the house to her backyard where tables covered in white cloths were waiting. There was a three tier cake, covered in white frosting, with red roses spiralling down from top to bottom, sitting on the table at the head of the yard. Off to the side, there was a table of picnic foods. People began to arrive, congratulate the happy couple as they took their seats.
Once everyone was there, Charming stood up and cleared his throat, getting everyone's attention.
"Now that we are all here, there are a couple of people who would like to say some words about the newly weds. Robin's best man, Killian, and Regina's maid of honor, Emma. Killian, you can start."
Killian stood and pulled a piece of paper out of his suit pocket, unfolded it and cleared his throat.
"I've known these two since way back in the Enchanted Forest, when Robin was a thief and Regina was the Evil Queen. Mind you, they've both come a long way since that. As I've gotten to know them both better, I've come to realize how great of people they truly are, always fighting for what's right, supporting each other through everything. These two have become the greatest heroes of us all. I'm proud to call them some of my closest friends," Killian finished. The crowd applauded and Emma stood. She took a piece of paper from Snow and began to read.
"I haven't known you two for very long, but I'm glad I do now. Robin, you are an amazing man. You are strong, courteous, loving. You are the perfect match for Regina. You had better take care of her, or you'll have me to answer to," Emma said and the crowd laughed, "Regina, we got off to a really rough start. We were the worst of enemies, at each other's throats 24/7. But we were forced to work together and put our differences aside for the sake of our son. Since then, you have become my best friend. You have been there for me through thick and thin, when there was no one else to turn to. And I'm so thankful to call you my friend. Before we eat, Killian and I wanted to ask you something. I know we probably should have done this when she was born, but we hadn't though of it til now. Regina, Robin, will you be Rose's godparents?"
Regina gasped, hands flying to cover her mouth. The tears that had built up in her eyes came flowing down like a waterfall. Robin placed his hand on her back and she looked at him; he was crying, too. He smiled and his eyes told her their answer. Regina looked back at Emma.
"We'd love to," she said. She stood up to give her best friend a hug, tears streaming down both of their faces. Everyone clapped. They sat back down. Snow stood and told everyone to get some food if they were hungry, which they all did happily. When people were finished eating, Regina used her magic to move the tables to the edges of the yard, making room for the guests to dance. Music began playing, and Robin and Regina had their first dance as husband and wife. At 10 o'clock, Emma, Killian, Regina, Robin, Roland, Henry, and Rose went to the front of the house. Emma offered to take Henry and Roland for a few days, which everyone gladly agreed to. They got in the car and drove off.
Robin turned and picked Regina up bridal style, catching her off guard. She yelped, then giggled as she realized what he was doing. He carried her to the porch, opened the front door, and stepped over the threshold with her in his arms. He carried her upstairs to the bedroom, setting her on the edge of the bed. She stood up and grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
"Robin," she said. "Help me get out of this dress, please." He came up behind her and unzipped the back of her dress, sliding it down to the floor. She waved her hand and it was hanging in her closet. Robin removed his suit jacket and tie, throwing them over the back of a chair. He unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off, tossing it on the floor.
He stepped forward, putting his hands on Regina's hips and walking her backwards toward the bed. The backs of her legs hit the edge of the bed and she fell backwards, Robin landing on top of her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. He wound his hands in her hair, relishing every part of her. She giggled and her hands came to waist band of his slacks, pushing them off his hips. He kicked them onto the floor, then averted his attention to every part of his wife's beautiful body, and she to his.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Regina woke up wrapped in strong arms, the scent of forest invading her nose. Robin. She smiled and yawned, rubbing her eyes.
"You're finally awake," he said behind her.
"Good morning. How long have you been up?"
"Oh, half an hour or so. I was enjoying watching you sleep, though," he said.
"Well, I was enjoying sleeping in your arms."
He chuckled and kissed her temple. She turned and lay so she was facing him, pressed up against his bare chest. She smiled at him, and he placed a kiss on her lips. Then, she rolled out of bed, retrieved her clothes from the floor, and went to the bathroom to shower. Robin watched her naked figure retreat to the bathroom, already missing beginning to miss her. When she came out, Robin was dressed and sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for her. She walked to him and he pulled her down to sit in his lap. She cupped his face in her hands and looked into his eyes. He looked a bit troubled.
"What's wrong?" Regina asked. Robin shook his head to get out of his daze.
"Hm? Nothing, Sweetheart. Nothing is wrong," he said. Regina blinked, then let out a small gasp. He'd never called her that before.
"What's the matter?" Robin asked, looking thoroughly confused.
"You've never called me 'sweetheart' before. Caught me off guard," she said quietly with a small smile.
"If you don't like it, I can stick to 'Regina-'"
She silence him with a soft kiss.
"I love it," she said. "Now why do you look so troubled?"
"I was just thinking. Are we living here?"
"Yes, I suppose we are. Are you okay with that?" Regina asked.
"Yes. It's just, Roland doesn't have a room," Robin said.
"I can turn the guest room into a room for him. And we don't have to buy anything, either, because I can just use my magic to make everything we need appear."
"I'd feel a lot better if we did that now," Robin said.
Regina stood up, took his hand, and led him to Roland's soon-to-be bedroom. She snapped her fingers and the walls were instantly a forest green. The window had camouflage curtains. She waved her hand and an oak dresser appeared on one side of the room, a bed on the other, with a toy box at the foot of it. The bed had brown sheets and a green comforter.
"How's this?" She asked Robin.
"Absolutely perfect," he said. "What would you like to do today, milady?"
"Let's just stay home," she said.
"Anything for you," he said sweetly, wrapping his arms around her waist. She looked up at him and smiled. She stepped out of his arms and went down stairs, Robin trailing behind.
"Do you want breakfast?" Regina asked.
"Sure. What do you want to have?"
"I was thinking," she said with a flick of her wrist, "pancakes." They appeared on the table as she said the word. She took a seat and Robin sat next to her, scooting their chairs closer together so he could wrap his arm around her shoulders. She leaned into him as they ate their magic-made breakfast. Regina had never felt so happy and at home in the world. Something was different about today. It could have been the fact hat she was married to her soulmate, or that this day was off to a wonderful start, or maybe it was the pancakes. But today, Regina felt safe and loved for the first time in her life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
They were sitting on the couch. Robin was leaning against the arm of the sofa, Regina tucked into his side, her head and hand resting on his chest. She was listening to his heart beat. It was calm and steady. It reminded her that he was still there, and always would be, that he would be her shoulder to lean on when she needed to. She felt secure, wrapped in his arms. She had never had this before, and she never thought she would.
"What are you thinking about?" Robin asked.
"You," Regina said.
"Me?"
"Yeah. And how much I love you, how I don't know what I'd do without you, how you make me the happiest woman alive, and I don't know how I lived without you for so long."
Robin kissed the top of her head and held her closer. She didn't know why, but the gesture made her tear up.
"Regina, I'm beyond happy to be married to you. You make me the happiest man alive. I am so glad that fate brought us together, because I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life. I love you more than anything in this world, and I want you to know that and to never forget it," he said.
Regina couldn't hold her tears back any longer. They spilled over her eyelids as he finished speaking. Her shoulders began to shake very softly with her silent sobs, causing Robin to look down and see her tears.
"Sweetheart, what's wrong?' He asked her.
"How did I get so lucky to marry a man as wonderful as you?" She said when her tears subsided. She didn't give him time to answer. She leaned forward and kissed him tenderly, showing all of the love she had for him. They didn't know what wpuld happen in the future, but now, they were here in this moment, and the love they had wad true.