The engagement

I felt deceived by Ashok and decided my father knew what's best for me. I could not go against my father's decisions. I tossed my head backwards and stood upright. Prince Dhiraj began to put the ring on my finger, however Ashok's ring was already there. My father stared at it angrily, remembering the past incidents and thrust the ring off my finger fiercely. Prince Dhiraj smirked and I gave him an angry look. The engagement was complete. Flower petals  landed on our heads and the conch shell sounded again. It was over. "Kaurvaki....." my father began. He knew I had felt hurt.
I didn't stop to listen to him. I scurried straight to my room with tears coming down my cheeks. I pushed past the curtains and landed on the isolated marble square block which was surrounded by water. I sobbed and sobbed into my arms, leaving puddles of tears on the carved stone. I looked up to my lamp and saw it flickering.
"I think she's feeling a bit shy!" My father pretended back in the court to Bindusar. He did not know what he had done. I would kill myself but wouldn't sacrifice my marriage with Ashok. I felt angry about my father throwing the ring off my finger; I felt incomplete.
Suddenly, a large figure swooped through my curtains without any warning. I quickly covered my bare arms with my scattered Odhni and sat up straight from my leant over body on my marble block. My father was here. He signaled for the maids to go. They left obediently. I stayed where I was, looking at his angry eyes.
"Look Kaurvaki, you need to get that boy out of your mind. I don't care what relationship you had with him. Don't ruin my reputation as well as yours. Forget him, otherwise it won't be good for either of you," he could have almost screamed. His loud voice echoed around my room, making my eyes prick with tears even more. He left, shutting the door so loudly that the water surrounding me shook. I could never forget Ashok, no matter what.

I know this is mastaani but this is how Kaurvaki's room looks like^^^ This is just to help you see what her marble block is

This is just to help you see what her marble block is.