Raja Bindusar comes to stay

Kaurvaki's POV:
Just as I was about to go and bathe I heard a load of ruckus. I stopped in my tracks and turned to look through the window. I leaned outside and saw buckets of flowers being tossed down along a welcome pathway decorated with yellow flowers. Maids and guards were holding up garlands and horses were aligned with each other, and were put on the most elaborate materials I had seen. "It's probably just guests coming to meet my father." I said to myself, puncturing my enthusiasm. I heard the husky voice of my father's heavy steps nearing my room and I quickly put on my bindi to hide the vermillion. "Kaurvaki! Kaurvaki where are you?!" He shouted, although it didn't sound like an angry shout. "Here, father," I replied. A maid opened the curtains that were displayed over the entrance of my room and as they drew to each side it revealed the aggressive, fat figure of my father, Jagathnath, and also the ruler of Kaling.
"Kaurvaki..." he said while giving me a hug. This was rather unusual as he didn't normally come to my room, I would meet him directly at the royal court in the mornings. He had a happy glow painted across his face.
"Father, what's the matter? You seem happy.." I  asked, not matching even 10% of the energy he talked with because normally what he found good, I found bad.
"Kaurvaki, get ready quickly, and put on your best clothes. Maids! Deck up my daughter like never before. Raja Bindusar (king of Maghad, ashok's father) has come to our palace today!"
I almost jumped at the news; wait - if Raja Bindusar was here then he must have brought Ashok with him! Ashok was his son after all! I still couldn't get my head around why Bindusar was here; the last time my father spoke to him was a year ago when Magadh and Kaling were severe enemies. They had always hated each other so why was he here today? I didn't care; all I could think of was meeting Ashok. I ran to my bathing room and raised my hand. This was a sign to my maids to pour water and milk on my hair. I flushed a pale pink of the thought of meeting Ashok after so long. The maids scrubbed my hair neatly and dried it while I was in my thin white, silk bathing lehenga. I put on a shy smile and put on a beautiful blue and gold lehenga that weighed around half a bag of potatoes, with matching gold bangles and a ruby studded necklace that Ashok had given me on our last meeting.