“Dream on.”  I chuckled, ducking down below and reached for the beer fridge and pulled out three Bud Lights for them.  Popping the caps off of each bottle, I handed them over and accepted his payment.  As I turned to head over to the register, his hand grabbed my wrist and held on.  I turned and looked at his hand on me and then up to his eyes with a look that heeded warning his way.

     “I suggest you let go of me now before you regret it.”  The guy didn't budge.  If anything, I felt his grip tighten as he pulled me toward him, leaning toward each other over the counter of the bar.  For once, I actually wished I could let myself lose control and give this guy exactly what he wanted but most importantly, what he deserved.  I can't believe I was contemplating draining him.

     Joe had come to my rescue and made sure the guys were escorted out of the club before anything serious could happen.  He was very protective of his workers and I appreciated that of him.  Someone caught the corner of my eye as I turned to take care of a freshly washed load of glassware.  Gage was here and I couldn't help the feeling of annoyance that had now just overcome me.

     “Joe?  I'm taking five, if that's alright.”  He nodded seeing as I had refused to take him up on his break offers earlier.  I felt like it wasn’t fair to leave them hanging and tending to the orders when it was so crazy busy.

     I grabbed Gage and pulled him to the back of the bar near Joe's office door and cornered him.

     “We need to talk.”  He tells me, quickly moving around me so I was forced to turn to face him leaving me with my back against the wall.  “I can't stop thinking about you.”

     “Gage, you need to go.  I'm working.”  I tell him, gulping as I feel him nuzzling my collarbone.  If the circumstances were different, I might have entertained the idea of seeking sexual release from him but it wasn't the time or the place.

     “I know you want this as much as I do.”  He whispers into the soft skin of my neck.

     “Just because I want something doesn't mean I get it, Gage.”  I push him away.

     “Let’s do this some other time.  Please?”  I gave him a slight pleading look.

     “Fine.  I'll wait for you to get off work.  We can talk then.”  He tells me in his classic pouting manner.

     “Do whatever you want.”  I mumbled with annoyance and walked back to my post behind the bar, leaving him staring after me.

     Gage had sat at the bar in silence, even when Cane came walking through the door.  We had spent some time making small talk and laughing between customers.  The band was phenomenal and I felt myself wanting to stick around.  My body was feeding on the surge of emotions that floated in the air.  You could literally choke on the lust, excitement, and envy that hung everywhere around us.

     Returning from clocking out after my shift, I felt hands on my hips, pulling me backward; into that ever so popular corner I seem to be spending my off time in lately.

     “I'm taking you home now.”  Gage tells me.

     “No thanks.”  I say.  “I'm going to stick around, have a drink, maybe a few dances and go home.”

     “Fine, I'll drive you home after you're done having your fun.”

     “Whatever.”  I say as I walk away from him.  “Joe, I'm gonna need a shot of Jack.”  I call out to him, taking my place beside Cane.