7. Hurt

~ Chapter Seven - Hurt ~

“Why did he do that? He’s such a stupid boy. How could he leave his friend’s birthday party and go with his girlfriend who went to party of her ex boyfriend. What messed up situation is this?” Hailey complained.

Logan was sitting beside her, watching her with a smile. His eyes were bright. There was no trace of a friend who has been deceived by his friend. He looked completely normal, completely in love with Hailey.

“Hailey, can you please talk about something else?” Ryan interjected amidst her outburst.

“What?! You are asking me to talk about something else? That boy decided to spend time with his girlfriend than with his friends. Doesn’t that sound stupid to you? How could he do that? He was with that girl instead of enjoying with us. He had always been there for all of us and now suddenly he decides that he wants to be with his girlfriend. HOW CAN HE DO THAT?” She screamed.

We sat quiet knowing if we said even one more word, she would go all ballistic on us. It was better to let her cool down on her own. We were not sitting in cafeteria but outside, under the sunlight. It was so bright and beautiful. Only the mood was not as good.

“Because he likes her.” Logan was the one who broke the silence. Our heads turned to him in horror. Logan has the ability to cool down Hailey but he often does this by kissing her. Words are hardly a part of that process. “I would have done the same if I was Caleb. I’d do anything for you. And he would do anything for her too.”

That was a nice way to put it. Logan had a smile on his face as he said that but even I knew he was kind of nervous and sad. He wanted to look at the brighter side of the situation. The fact was, even he knew Caleb chose her. The ‘bros before hoes’ rule was broken and battered.

“You’d leave us for her?!” Luke exclaimed. I glared at him. Logan was trying to cool down the situation and he had to act stupid in a situation like this.

“She is worth leaving you.” Logan muttered under his breath in annoyance putting extra stress on ‘you’ while playfully glaring at Luke. Rest of us smiled while Luke faked heartbreak.

I guess things are alright. I have a bunch of smart friends. Only if Caleb was smart enough too.

*** ***

“How is Logan feeling?” Blade asked sitting behind me in the class.

“He’s okay. More understanding.” I shrugged not bothering to look at him while I knew he was staring at me.

“What do you say about this situation?” He inquired asking for my input.

“Nothing special. Though there are several thoughts running inside my head, I’m trying to put a full stop to them. If I think too much over it then it won’t be healthy for me so don’t ask me.” I said flatly.

“But still… I want to know. Just tell me how do you feel about Caleb dating Natalie now?”

“I feel the same as I felt before.” I answered but inside my head, I started to wonder if it was really like that. I didn’t think it was.

For some reason, the bubble of hope was started to form again. It had happened on its own. This situation might create a wedge between Caleb and Natalie. If that happens, he may come to me. And I will be there for him in the end.

“Are you sure about that?” He asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.

I gave him a rude sideways glance. “I’m sure.”

He didn’t say anything in return but he wasn’t convinced. Not like I was trying to convince him. His opinion doesn’t really matter much.

The day passed without anything big. Logan was going to throw a party tonight. It was kind of formality party. His parents will be there and his relatives will be there. I’m not going to be there though. This time, I hope Caleb will be around.