4

Philip didn't drink to get drunk. He drank to forget his problems and his sadness. Sadly what he didn't have was a fake ID to buy it with so he laid on his bed and drank a bottle of stolen vodka, not from a store of course. It belonged to Helen and Gabe. Surely they wouldn't miss it considering it was at the back of a cabinet and Philip had never even seen them drink before. Vodka was his favorite, it left no smell on his breath so he could get plastered and they would just think he's trying to be funny or something. He wouldn't have called himself an alcoholic even though that was exactly what he was. Philip was home alone with the exception of Gabe. Philips eyes narrowed, he knew what he had to do when he was alone with the 'man of the house', as his step father so kindly put it.

The boy walked out of his room and went down the hall to the living room, pulling his hands into the sleeves of his sweater and trying not to stumble. Gabe saw Philip before Philip saw Gabe, he was sitting on the couch when he saw his foster son stumble into the room.
"Philip?" Philips red eyes met Gabes and he stumbled across the room to where he was sitting. The boy loosely wrapped his arms around his foster fathers neck and hugged him, Gabe returned the gesture, seeing nothing wrong with a hug from Philip and being slightly happy because for the past two months the kid got tense when Gabe even looked at him.

The hug went on for a long time though, almost an awkwardly long time.
"Philip, are you okay?" The only response he got was Philip sitting on his lap and bringing them closer together. Gabe put his hands on Philips waist but that didn't stop him. He leaned in and pressed his soft pink lips to his foster fathers neck. That's where Gabe drew a line. He pushed Philip off of him and, in fear of being hit, Philip curled himself into a ball on the couch and hid his face. Gabe put on comforting hand on his knee and sighed.
"Philip." Philip looked up, he had tears dripping down his cheeks.
"Please don't take me away, I don't wanna go back." Gabe almost instantly realized that he was drunk as the boy stumbled over his words. Gabe stood up and lifted his drunk foster son into his arms and carried him back to his bedroom. He laid the boy down on his bed then took the bottle of vodka off of his floor.
"Philip, you can't keep doing this to yourself." Philip shook his head, struggling to keep his eyes open.
"I'm sorry." He whispered, passing out just as he'd finished his sentence.

Philips eyes fluttered open and he groaned loudly, his head was pounding and he had a prominent taste of the vodka in the back of his throat. He stumbled out of bed and walked out of his room, taking small steps and focusing on not falling. He went through the living room and stumbled into the kitchen where Gabe and Helen were already sat at the table. Helen looked stressed and had her head rested in her hands. Philip pulled a chair away from the table and sat down, bringing Helens attention to him.
"Philip we need to talk." Philip rubbed his eyes and looked at her.
"Can it wait? I'm feeling sick." Helen looked mad, very mad and as she placed the mostly empty bottle of vodka on the table.
"What the hell, Philip? You can't behave like this. What is wrong with you?" She almost yelled, extremely angry with her foster son.
"Nothing." Philip glared, letting Helen in was the last thing he wanted to do.
"This is not nothing, you stole alcohol, drank over half a bottle and tried to sleep with your foster father. That is not nothing and you need to tell me what the hell you were thinking." Philip stood from the table and walked to the door, as he started putting his shoes on his feet, Helen started yelling.
"Philip you are not leaving this house!" She stood from the table and followed him as he opened the door and stepped out.
"I need to leave." He started walking away from the house, his hands shoved in his pockets, Helen went to follow him but she felt a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.
"Let him go." Gabe said from behind her, pulling her back inside and shutting the door as Philip walked away.

That was before they knew what he did to Philip.