I bound his and Jonah’s hands together. Jonah whimpered and made noise, but a swift kick to his gut shut him up good. “Irritate me further and you won’t see morning light,” I hissed.

I circled around and faced Mikael again. I had one more piece for his neck and if didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear and soon, he wasn’t going to live happily. “So,” I said in a menacing voice. “What made you kill my sweet Olivia?”

He glared at me, hoping to kill me with a single gaze, but I wouldn’t die so soon. As he stared, I got angry and I kicked him and kicked him until he was sputtering blood. At the helpless look on his face, I felt my inner demon become satisfied.

“Speak,” I ordered.

“She stood in his way,” Jonah said beside him. I turned my gaze to him, but a feminine shrill broke me away from them.

“Alex!”

I ran down, stupidly, blindly, hoping it was my Olivia. I loved her too much to let her go and I loved her much more that I let any ember of hope still linger alive in me. When I reached downstairs, I found half of my family frozen, staring at Olivia.

“Move back!” I roared thinking and praying that she might be the one needing me.

A man that has lost faith in God and suddenly only ever prayed for a little girl that broke him, is a man that truly loved her. When everything is dead inside, there is nothing that can save you. When the garden that is your heart died years before you, there is no salvage. At least that is what many vampires have told me since I was alive.

They believe that for a damned soul, there is no redemption. But that is a lie.

I know otherwise. I am proof that what has been said is not true. I was rude, arrogant, sarcastic, heartless and downright cruel before. Then I met, Olivia and she changed me. She melted all my heartlessness; she melted the ugliness of me and made me a better person. I would never be the person I am today if not for her.

“Alex,” Alyona cried, her voice muffled as she held Antoine’s shirt. I turned to her and saw what she gestured at.

The bite wound on little Liv’s neck was turning a nasty shade of violet. “What is it?” I whispered as I pushed my way through Vasya and Sebastian. I kneeled in front of her small body and tenderly, moved her hair out of her face to get a better look at her neck.

“The poison in his saliva, I think,” Sebastian said uncertain.

I looked at him as I heard a thump from upstairs. “Sort Mikael out,” I said and handed him the silver piece meant for his neck.

“Done,” Sebastian said with a grim look. He took the silver from my hand and made his way up. I turned to Vasya, “Get Robert and Rosie as well as Cathy here as soon as you can,” I ordered.

He nodded and walked away, further into the mansion. I focused on Olivia and decided that she needed to be on a soft place. I wasn’t going to let her die.

“Antoine, help me take her to my bedroom,” I snarled, fear clutching my heart as her heart beat slowed down drastically.

He let go of a shaky Alyona and lifted Olivia’s feet gently, as if he were cradling a small baby. I straightened out her upper body and carried most of her weight in my arms. Teary eyed Alyona went ahead and opened my bed up for Olivia. “Thanks,” I muttered as I pushed passed and laid her down.

“Leave,” I told Antoine just after Alyona slipped out. He nodded and left. I went to work, taking off her boots and her clothes, praying that I didn’t have to see any signs of sexual harassment. If there were any, that Mikael had a lot to pay for.