Something caught my peripheral vision on the right side of the road. A sign stood that read La Push Beach. It pointed to the right.

I slowed down, and before I knew it, I was turning right.

I didn’t know what I was doing, but I guess that was the beauty of risks. Sometimes you need to take a chance if you’re stuck in life. Who knows where that chance may lead you?

That’s what I was feeling right now. I felt like what I was doing was right.

I rolled down the windows, hearing invisible waves from an unseen ocean. I could smell the salt enough to see the beach myself.

It was dark, but the moonlight was a perfect source of light.

As I got out of the car, a cool breeze whipped through the beach. I shivered in my jacket as I began down the path towards the beach. I could still feel the invisible eyes on me, but shook the thought out of my head.

The beach was quiet, but peaceful. It wasn’t a sort of eerie quiet, but more of serenity. It was like nature was giving me the time to think.

I was grateful for that.

As I walked along the beach, the sand crunching underneath my shoes, I felt composure. I walked and walked along the beach, until something loomed out of the darkness.

I squinted in the dim light and stepped up to the strange figure.

It was an old tree branch. It was twisted up so it was more like a bench. The dim moonlight shone onto it, but I could tell that it was a pearl white. I went up to it and touched its soft surface.

It was smooth. I sat on the concaved seat. I guess I could have been thankful for a few moments to myself. I habitably reached in my pocket for the photograph, coming up empty.

The pain of losing it welled up inside of me, and I felt lonelier than ever.

I could feel the hole in my chest, faint but still throbbing mutely. I clutched at my heart, as if to hold it in my chest.

It was a strange feeling, now that my heart was slowly healing. It was as if La Push had healing properties, or maybe I was way off.

Seth had been the cure.

I could say many things, but it would still not describe the feelings I felt for Seth Clearwater.

The bond between us seemed resilient.

As I thought of him now, it made my heart beat fast. My cheeks flushed and my palms became sweaty.

How could this boy make me feel this way? I had never felt this way about anyone before in my entire life.

I was new to this. I was new to boys. I was new to love, romance.

I clutched at the side of the branch, my fingers clawing at the wood as I tried to catch my breath.

Thinking of Seth made me overreact. It made me nervous, but in a good way.

I calmed myself down.

Wow, I had never dramatized about a boy before. Like I said, I was new to this.

I remembered our discussion in the woods, his voice was echoing in my head.

Do you believe in fate? My heart faltered as they echoed again and again. It was as if it was on loop.

What did he mean by it?

I tried to remember what I had said in response, I…don’t…know.