Chapter Seven -- FIVE DAYS AGO 6:37 AM

Start from the beginning

    I stepped inside me office, already overwhelmed with the papers, pictures, and the board with everything on it. Everything doesn't connect to each other but they're sure it's the same murderer. The only evidence I have is some clothing particles, a little bit of a description, and a note that was laid on each of the girls found dead.

    I picked it up and read:

The flowers that we pick come from the richest soil, but sometimes weeds get in the way.

    It's obvious that they are referring to the girls they ransom as the flowers with rich soil, and the weeds are the girls' friends that get in the way. What do you do to weeds when they're in your garden? Kill them.

    A knock on the door made me jump. It was Linda, the secretary. She apologized and handed me a folded up piece of paper. I opened it a read a much more happier note than the last.

Dear Love of My Life,

Have a wonderful day on our anniversary. It sucks that you have to work even when I know we both want to spend all day and all the time with each other. I hope your day is amazing and I can't wait to see your beautiful face tonight. I love you.

Love, Alan

    I smiled, holding the letter up to my chest. No matter how mad I am at him, I can never stay that way. He's amazing. I have to see that.

The rest of the day went by slowly as I tried to trace the murders back to someone. I didn't find anything besides the fact that I don't think I'll ever figure this case out.

    It was past five, and I still hadn't found anything out so I made my way home, dreading apologizing to Alan for being a butt. However, when I made it to the front door, I found another note.

Hello Beautiful,

I hope your day was just as great as you are! Meet me at the place we first met and wear something nice. I might have laid something out for you on our bed :)

Love, Alan

    In the bedroom on our bed was a long, black dress with a diamond necklace. I ran my hand across it, astonished. He is truly the best person a girl could ask for. I love him so much.

    I changed quickly, putting my hair up and some makeup on. Once I was satisfied with the way I looked, I hurried out of the house. I drove quickly to the wedding hall downtown, smiling like an idiot the whole way there. When I parked, butterflies erupted inside my stomach and my heart fluttered.

    What could be in there? I reached in the back seat and grabbed the anniversary present I got for him a couple weeks ago. It was a $500 watch he had been eyeing for the past couple of months.

    I walked inside the wedding hall, stopping in my tracks when it all came into view. It was absolutely incredible, breath-taking. The lights, the roses, the Alan who was dressed in the most handsome tux and clean-shaven. I loved them all. It was like something you would see from a rich person's wedding. It was like a dream come true. It was heaven.

    "Alan..." I said, lost for words.

    "Samantha Lynn Athens, you are the most kind, caring, and loving person I've ever met. You are beautiful, intelligent, and you are already who you were made to be. I love you so much, I don't know what I would do in a world where I didn't meet you. I would do anything to make you happy and keep you safe. And even though we have our fights, we still are able to work it out and fall in love all over again. You, Samantha Lynn Athens, are my one and only true love."

    My smile grew wider and wider, as his speech grew on. I couldn't stop my heart from exploding as he profess his love to me. I absolutely cannot believe he is doing this. I love him so much, I don't even think I could explain it, but somehow he did to me.

    "I love you," I blurted out, running to him. My arms wrapped around his neck and his around my waist. We kissed for what seemed like hours. Everything was perfect. He was perfect. I hate to brag, but my life is perfect...

    Danielle.

    I pulled away which confused Alan. I smiled and tried my best not to ruin all he has done. He grabbed my hand, seeing the gift I had brought him. He smiled with a smile as if he was asking if he could open. I nodded.

    "Oh, babe! I absolutely love it! I've been wanting this since I asked you to marry me!" he exclaimed. His muscular arms wrapped around me in a quick hug.

    "I remember," I giggled. That's when I just blurted out my apology. "I'm so so sorry for accusing you of cheating this morning, this was obviously what you were doing all last night. It's beautiful and I love it! Thank you so much! I'm sor--"

    "Stop apologizing, you're fine, trust me," he assured me, kissing my forehead.

    "I'm just really overwhelmed right now with all of this going on."

    "I understand, babe, but I promise you, I'll do my best to keep the both of you safe."

    Promise? He actually promised me something like that?

    His phone started to ring and his total expression of happy dropped to upset. I listened to his half of the story while taking pictures of the beautiful scenery to post on Facebook later and show it off.

    "I can't...I'm on my anniversary date with my fiancée...Okay, okay, I got it. Don't do anything."

    He looked over to me and smiled -- fake. "I have to get to the hospital and perform a surgery in about an hour. Jackson didn't show up today because he's sick."

    "That's fine, babe," I replied, disappointed. He hugged me and kissed my forehead before leaving me there in the beautiful place I will now cherish every moment I can, mentally and physically.

וווווווווווווווו×
What are your thoughts on Alan? Do you think Sam was overreacting or was it appropriate for her to act like that? Comment what you think!

Shout-outs: Diksha_and_borkalita and cheesefists you guys are amazing and thanks for the support! Everyone, go check them out!